1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

[​IMG]

Ah, well...so I've got THIS for the week. Including a 500 mile round trip to St Petersburg (Florida, not Russia)

2. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

Nice! Can't wait to hear your thoughts.

3. Gianni Cerutti

Gianni Cerutti Senior member

Very nice ... I also can not wait to hear your thoughts

4. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

I wish M-cars had more aggressive fender flare.

It's practically non-existent on the F10 as well as the E60, though to a lesser degree.

AMG does it right. The 1M has pretty aggressive flare, which is nice.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2014
  5. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

I don't think the typical M5 buyer wants something over-styled and too aggressive. The F10 is still very much a wolf in sheep's clothing - a true sleeper, especially in a more muted colour. It attracts next to no attention, except from true enthusiasts. Given the target demographic of the car, BMW has done a perfect job in this regard.

The M3/4 is the complete opposite, and to be honest I think it's way too overstyled and I hope an aftermarket tuner makes a decent front/rear bumper.

6. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

The e39 was the perfect m5 styling wise, so few tell tell signs, I'm still not sold on the fender grills on the f10.

3 people like this.
  7. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

I 100% agree with this, given that the target demographic for an M5 is someone in their 40s - 60s and looking for exactly what you described.

For me? I want dat flare :embar:

8. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Just saving GF saying MB > BMW for future use.

9. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

AMG != MB

:bigstar:

10. Concordia

Concordia Senior member Dubiously Honored

Give that Mazda driver a free car. Public service for taking out the Lambo. Maybe that lad will save the stunt driving for the track.

Interesting, though, how everyone raced over to help the expensive car first.

11. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

I think everyone is what most people would call friends, as there's a Maserati parked right by the Mazda. (just noticed it).

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 6, 2014
  12. Cedric

Cedric Senior member

cars are losing their souls.
    fake exhaust sounds coming through speakers, heavy, too many gizmos, etc..
    Heard the new 991 Turbo n turbo S dont even come with manual tranny

13. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Got my first bite of interest from someone who wants to buy my car. He lives near me, too, which is great.

May be selling the car very shortly. Wow! Can't believe it's already been a year of ownership and I've only added 5K miles :embar:.

14. UnFacconable

UnFacconable Senior member

You should get a camaro. I don't presume to know anything about your taste in cars other than wanting dat exhaust, dat fender flare and that you need a car that can handle somewhat frequent curb impacts. You don't need a scalpel, you need a cleaver.

1 person likes this.
  15. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Depending on where my next job opportunity takes me, I have my sights set on the M235i.

16. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Thoughts on the M5:

I initially thought, wow, M division built an AMG! And I was right, and not in a bad way - this thing is a missile. I gave myself motion sickness in 3 launches (didn't use launch control). Steering is pretty damn good, but it's still a massive, heavy car. I haven't driven the all-new E63 but there are quite a few reviewers who prefer it over this car, so I can't imagine how much more fun the E would be. But yeah, the 500 tq is the major reason to buy this car. And almost no turbo lag, which I hated in all the N54/55 engines and the Mini motors

I have to admit that the hated active sound really isn't obtrusive or feels like a factor at all

Dislikes: rear seat leg room (come on, this thing is old 7-series long). Ventilated seats are completely pointless. It's not as pretty as a M6GC.

17. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Oh and apparently they are leasable at close to invoice and MF of .00135. Tempting.

1 person likes this.
  18. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

Three words - told you so.

BMW hit a grand slam with the F10 and the fact that they are practically giving them away for the same monthly payment as an M4 makes it an absolute steal.

Enjoy you time with her. Handing back the keys is going to be painful.

19. habitant

habitant Senior member

I'm looking into buying a mini cooper S. Are there any tuners that do supercharger upgrades or anything like that? There are some ECU upgrades from Dinan, and wheels from Alpina that I found, but there must be more.. Right?

20. shumi31

shumi31 New Member

you always wear a helmet when you drive? [​IMG] [​IMG]

Really funny! Driving car wearing helmet!