• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally, my first shell cordovan sneakers (and actually, my only pair of sneakers, currently). It's rubi + saddle shell cordovan combination.

Looking much better than expected, and fitting much better than expected as well. All in all, I might even get another RTW pair.

View attachment 1188470

View attachment 1188471

Wow, those turned out spectacularly! You guys are going to weasel me into buying a pair with photos like this. The only thing holding me back is I’m unsure if I want to take a chance on the Calvia last.

bamgrinus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally, my first shell cordovan sneakers (and actually, my only pair of sneakers, currently). It's rubi + saddle shell cordovan combination.

Looking much better than expected, and fitting much better than expected as well. All in all, I might even get another RTW pair.

View attachment 1188470

View attachment 1188471

Wow, those look fantastic. Really making me anticipate my black rusticalf pair...

Could you take more pictures of the back panel? I was having trouble finding pictures of the rear view of the sneakers when I was working on my order.

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

jctune

Reaction score
Wow, those turned out spectacularly! You guys are going to weasel me into buying a pair with photos like this. The only thing holding me back is I’m unsure if I want to take a chance on the Calvia last.
Maiden voyage for mine as well. After much thought I went with burgundy CXL. These are my first pair in CXL.

Very comfy. I’m enjoying them so far.
FE5E7495-EDB3-4BC8-B155-B5D61B4B216A.jpeg
C9C422B0-B4E7-408E-BC57-6D904EF7A08C.jpeg

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

goalaso

Reaction score
@Carmina Anyone know what last this Barney's Carmina model is on? (Thumbnail attached, but more pics after link)

And does anyone have in-the-wild photos of Llubi non-jumper boots, ie chukkas, derbies, sneakers? The carmina photos make it look very ill-proportioned with anything other than giant shell boots, but I know in the wild, after a few wears, those photos may not be representative...

Attachments

• 506262559_1_ShoeSide.jpeg
    506262559_1_ShoeSide.jpeg
    29.4 KB · Views: 113

Thilgela

Reaction score
@Carmina Anyone know what last this Barney's Carmina model is on? (Thumbnail attached, but more pics after link)

And does anyone have in-the-wild photos of Llubi non-jumper boots, ie chukkas, derbies, sneakers? The carmina photos make it look very ill-proportioned with anything other than giant shell boots, but I know in the wild, after a few wears, those photos may not be representative...

this is 10027 i believe.

dave_rawitat

Reaction score
I second this. I got the suede snuff on Genova last and they are fantastic. More dressy than I thought they would be - but super comfortable.

Can you describe Genova last? Should I size down half size for unlined suede loafer?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads