• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what color elastic to go with for color 4 chelsea?

chestnut edge?

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maiden Calway voyage on a chilly morning:
C11763E0-8B10-4FB5-8AEF-6422F255D9AC.jpeg

Last edited:

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Carmina MTO group picture. Took trial and error to figure out lasts, patterns and different options (sole, storm welt etc.)

Amaretto Jumper boot on Oscar last double JR with storm welt, Color 4 U-tip boot on Oscar last double JR with storm welt, Bourbon NST boot on Forest double JR with flat welt, Amaretto NST boot on Forest EEE York sole with storm welt

DSC_0932.JPG
DSC_0933.JPG
DSC_0937.JPG
DSC_0941.JPG
DSC_0952.JPG

8x8

Reaction score
Does anyone have a preference between the 80488 and 80478 NSTs? Or between the 80414 and 757 NSTs? And if so, why?

miamidoc

Reaction score
Does anyone have a preference between the 80488 and 80478 NSTs? Or between the 80414 and 757 NSTs? And if so, why?

3E9AF2B3-3B8B-41C1-9581-589E0AA79F3C.jpeg

1604E514-83FA-42F5-885A-FC311BB2B976.jpeg

I think the 80488 is a more balanced Look with the heel counter definition. More casual. Also with speed hooks. I have it in Navy Suede/Forest. Most comfortable of all my Carminas. Perfect fall weekend boot.

Though in the right leather and last the 80478 would be the more formal choice. But it just seems very vamp heavy, if that term could be applied. No booty. The 80488 has a nice, um, back side to balance the front.

Ill show myself out now.

Reactions: 8x8

miamidoc

Reaction score
My Carmina MTO group picture. Took trial and error to figure out lasts, patterns and different options (sole, storm welt etc.)

Amaretto Jumper boot on Oscar last double JR with storm welt, Color 4 U-tip boot on Oscar last double JR with storm welt, Bourbon NST boot on Forest double JR with flat welt, Amaretto NST boot on Forest EEE York sole with storm welt

View attachment 1461576 View attachment 1461577 View attachment 1461578 View attachment 1461579 View attachment 1461580
Spectacular. Just spectacular.

JoeRogan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1461783
View attachment 1461784
I think the 80488 is a more balanced Look with the heel counter definition. More casual. Also with speed hooks. I have it in Navy Suede/Forest. Most comfortable of all my Carminas. Perfect fall weekend boot.

Though in the right leather and last the 80478 would be the more formal choice. But it just seems very vamp heavy, if that term could be applied. No booty. The 80488 has a nice, um, back side to balance the front.

Ill show myself out now.

Agree, the u-tip/NST stitching looks odd coupled with a large plain panel in the back half. A derby boots with a plain toe is perfect though.

Phoenician

Reaction score
View attachment 1461783
View attachment 1461784

Ill show myself out now.
View attachment 1461783
View attachment 1461784

Ill show myself out now.

I have two pairs of the 80488, one in suede and the other in the superb Elbamat, both on Forest. I really like the boots, but find them too casual for anything but more casual chinos or jeans for my use, but they do look superb.

The 80478 is actually my favorite boot style Carmina makes as it strikes the perfect balance for me, both aesthetically, and in what I wear for work. I have two pair on order in shell, one being color 4, both on Oscar and double JR soles. This boot has only the three panels of leather, versus the six of the 80488 model, thus striking a sleeker cut with fewer sewn together panels, and thus better able to be worn with dressier slacks which works for me more often than not. While a plain toe would make this boot even dressier, I don’t need that. I need the sleek rear end for the dressier side, but an NST toe to ensure it‘s not quite as dressy as a plain toe would be; striking my perfect balance in the end. For the next MTO, I’ll probably get a third pair of the 80478 in shell, but would like hatch grain shell or perhaps a couple cognac panels if they can find any laying around.

Carmina

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Quick reminder the GMTO is closing next Wednesday.

Please contact me via DM is you are interested in colour 4 or amaretto model other than a chelsea boot.

I'm quoting the original post with the details etc for your reference.

Good afternoon gentlemen,

As promised, our NEW STYLEFORUM GMTO is now live!

We have various options, please read carefully and make as many questions as you need.

Firstly, the much-awaited Cordovan Chelsea boot is back for a limited amount of time.

We suggest four Chelsea models with various boot shat heights. Simply use the comment box if you’d like a different Chelsea model.
For your reference, these are the different Chelsea models side by side. More details below.

View attachment 1452667

You’ll be able to place orders for the cordovan Chelsea boots online here, (customisation fee already waived).
https://www.carminashoemaker.com/styleforum

Secondly, preorders on rare Shell Cordovan colours.

We are opening preorders for colour 4 and amaretto Horween Shell Cordovan only while the GMTO is open. Orders for these particular leathers will have extended delivery times (1-2 months + 45 days, our usual manufacturing lead time).

You can select any model in these rare colours.

Please send us a DM via styleforum with a screenshot of the make you’d like in these leathers and we will prepare a code for you which will waive the customisation fee.

GMTO closing the 30th September.

Have fun!

Mothetgoo

Reaction score

View attachment 1461576 View attachment 1461577 View attachment 1461578 View attachment 1461579 View attachment 1461580
@flylikeneagle Can I ask what colors/trousers you wear your amarettos with vs. other colors like bourbon or natural (if you have any natural shell)? I am on the fence (I am considering either a boot or a brogue oxford) and am wondering how much utility I would get from either.

Thanks!

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@flylikeneagle Can I ask what colors/trousers you wear your amarettos with vs. other colors like bourbon or natural (if you have any natural shell)? I am on the fence (I am considering either a boot or a brogue oxford) and am wondering how much utility I would get from either.

Thanks!
I don't own anything in natural shell. My response here from a few weeks back re. Amaretto

Guccinski L.V.

Reaction score
766 Eur without VAT for a Chelsea boot? Is there additional discount code that I am not aware of or THAT is the Deal?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads