• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Burton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

X - Post from Skoaktiebolaget thread:

Just got my tobacco suede rain lasted adelaides, the special manolo make-up from Skoak.

This is the new batch of Tabacco that replaced the one which was initially presented, but then changed without notice to Skoak or any of it's customers.

Anyways, I took the chance that I would be happy with the purchase and went ahead with the order even though Skoak gave me the option to cancel and get a refund. I have always been happy with my purchases from them prior. Let me say, I'm very happy I did not cancel.

The color is a bit darker then the original, but has less of the redness and still has a soft brown that looks really nice under natural light. I can see myself wearing these all the way through the end of autumn before any heavy snowfall.

Anyways, here are some pics from my iPhone that I snapped just to give some of the members here an idea what they may have missed out on if they cancelled, or possible future MTOs with this material. The last picture of the bunch is a pair of captoes that I have in snuff suede, just to show the color difference.

I took mine as well and I am quite happy with them. I really loathed the shoelaces that came with the shoes. I don't generally have a visceral reaction to laces (they were really red) but once I removed those and put regular laces in the shoes looked fantastic.

PS - I should add that I think Skoaktiebolaget did a great job handling a difficult situation.

Last edited:

eddiemczee

Reaction score
I have a pair of Noix wholecuts from Leatherfoot, and it really is a gorgeous color. I love the Noix chukkas from Gentlemen's Footwear, too.

By the way, how do you pronounce Noix? Is the "oix" like the "wah" sound?
That's how I've been doing it, but I'm no linguist.

Really, REALLY wanted those Noix chukkas but they're all OOS now. Here's hoping that GF does a restock. I also really want a pair of the chocolate chukkas from Skoat, but they're OOS in my size and they don't have plans to restock any time soon.

My kingdom for some suede Carmina chukkas!

aglose

Reaction score
I got the Noix Suede chukkas in an 8uk. Super happy with them. Beautiful shoes.

partyof6

Reaction score

That's how I've been doing it, but I'm no linguist.

Really, REALLY wanted those Noix chukkas but they're all OOS now. Here's hoping that GF does a restock. I also really want a pair of the chocolate chukkas from Skoat, but they're OOS in my size and they don't have plans to restock any time soon.

My kingdom for some suede Carmina chukkas!

What about the tobacco suede chukkas from Skoak? Their current stock is the "old" reddish color that is pictured on their site.

europrep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Recent pick-ups (X-Posted)

Edited: @Mr. Six The hatch grain came with a lot of color distortion (although different from yours). If this discoloration was on a loafer or proper lace-up, I wouldn't be happy, but I really like it on the boot and wasn't phased given your helpful pics.

Last edited:

europrep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
deets on the boots? What's the leather, it doesn't look like the normal scotchgrain

Hatch grain. I just edited my post with a little detail on them.

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Edited: @Mr. Six The hatch grain came with a lot of color distortion (although different from yours). If this discoloration was on a loafer or proper lace-up, I wouldn't be happy, but I really like it on the boot and wasn't phased given your helpful pics.
Are those string loafers blue or grey?

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Cool. Looks like they did more work on the finish of the boots (can't remember if Epaulet described them as hand burnished, but it kind of looks like that). It suits them. Nice pick up!

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Those epaulet boots are sick, wish my size was available. Not sure why they were listed for sub $400. the quality and condition looks good?? they look great from here

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To my U.S. peoples who've traveled to Spain and visited Carmina's retail shops:

1. What is the VAT situation if I purchase a pair of shoes in store? Is there a 20% VAT discount that I can get reimbursed like in London and Paris?
2. Are their prices slightly cheaper than Skoak/GF/Epaulet/LeatherFoot for similar shoes? Yeah the US dollar is bad right now for Euros but I still assume non-Carmina sites have a markup.
3. Which shop(s) should I visit in Barcelona and Madrid? I know Carmina has multiple stores and retail space.
My wife and I are headed to Madrid/Barcelona/Ibiza in September for our anniversary
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
so I am planning on stopping by to stock up since shoes on the Rain last seemed to be a rare siting.

Thanks!

eddiemczee

Reaction score
To my U.S. peoples who've traveled to Spain and visited Carmina's retail shops:

1. What is the VAT situation if I purchase a pair of shoes in store? Is there a 20% VAT discount that I can get reimbursed like in London and Paris?
2. Are their prices slightly cheaper than Skoak/GF/Epaulet/LeatherFoot for similar shoes? Yeah the US dollar is bad right now for Euros but I still assume non-Carmina sites have a markup.
3. Which shop(s) should I visit in Barcelona and Madrid? I know Carmina has multiple stores and retail space.
My wife and I are headed to Madrid/Barcelona/Ibiza in September for our anniversary
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
so I am planning on stopping by to stock up since shoes on the Rain last seemed to be a rare siting.

Thanks!
Not sure about Spain, but Paris Carmina shop actually only has a 15% VAT discount.

eddiemczee

Reaction score
What about the tobacco suede chukkas from Skoak? Their current stock is the "old" reddish color that is pictured on their site.
I find those chukkas a little harder to wear since they are "warmer" compared to the dark brown and noix colored, which I considered to be "cooler". Really, really, hoping that either Skoat restocks or that the GF chocolate MTO gets enough peeps.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads