• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PSA for anyone headed to Paris in July, the Carmina store there has quite a few models on sale, including some shell. I had two pairs shipped home They deducted VAT when I asked and explained that I wanted the shoes sent back to the States. Miho was the sales person who assisted me. She was great and spoke English well.

Sorry, I didn't get photos in the store. It was quite busy that afternoon.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DDD, would you mind sharing the cost of the STC?
biggrin.gif
No problem, PM sent.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nice, what was the discount approximately?

I believe it was about 10% plus another 12% for VAT (less than the total amount of French VAT but that seems to be a common practice). My numbers might be a bit off.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just bit the bullet and went for the cognac shell wingtips that were still available on Farfetch for 20% off. This is my third try with Carmina, hopefully I found a pair that will finally fit me!

Last edited:

coxaca

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
We are now finalising the participant list for the 80184 jumper boot group MTO - Oscar last, dark Cognac shell, Dainite sole, brown lining, through Skoaktiebolaget.

Anyone who's been hemming-and-hawing, now is your last chance. We already have a quorum of participants. In two or three days the list will be closed off and the boots ordered.

Three months (approx.) to delivery. 30% discount off the individual MTO price brings these beauties in at 4480SEK (ex VAT), 50% deposit up front via Paypal, shoe trees 640SEK (ex VAT), shipping extra.

Here's a very different boot (model, last, sole all quite different) which I'm posting simply to demonstrate the "dark Cognac" colour we are specifying for this MTO.

You can see it's slightly darker than the shell colour in the first photo. Horween do make two shades of Cognac and we are specifying the darker shade.

Again to demonstrate colour variation, here's a still darker "Cognac" shell cordovan boot from Carmina, this time for Epaulet. Possibly also a model 80184 like ours, but with a double leather sole instead of our Dainite. I suspect it's also on a different last.

PM me or Leaves if you want in. Remember, the order closes off in three days.

Fiddler

Reaction score
These are on Carmna's Facebook....saddle shell. I have the brown calf version and they are just amazing. If you're a shellhead or just a fan of simplicity at its best how can you ignore these?

Last edited:

WiredandTired

Reaction score
Hot damn. Are those available on their website someplace?

I jumped onto the website ASAP to check. I was actually thinking of that exact makeup as one that I really wanted, and was on the fence about pitching it, but there's a ton of Carmina MTOs going on right now.

I can't tell if that's cognac or saddle shell, as its quite dark given the lighting.

Fiddler

Reaction score
Just email the pic to betty....if she has it she will pull it for you from a store. I have done it in the past for models that dont appear on their site.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads