• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've never defended Kirby just respectfully stated that it's reasonable that responsibility should be split. My only problem really is how you blamed me of stores providing poor service. Lets keep it respectful guys... as for you stephenaf you are a sovereign grade clown, congratulations.

My initial response:
You know what, I apologize. I should not have said you were a boot licker just because you called me a whiner, and a clown. I’ve never actually seen you lick any boots, so that was wrong of me.

To be fair though you do have boot licker tendencies, so one possibly could erroneously identify you as such. It’s weird that you’d say you never defend, when your post can be readily referenced by all. ??‍♂️

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You know what, I apologize. I should not have said you were a boot licker just because you called me a whiner, and a clown. I’ve never actually seen you lick any boots, so that was wrong of me.

To be fair though you do have boot licker tendencies, so one possibly could erroneously identify you as such. It’s weird that you’d say you never defend, when your post can be readily referenced by all. ??‍♂️
?????

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Green string loafers.

gbandi

Reaction score
Can somebody share sizing experience with unlined loafers?
I wear 9uk in Rain, Inca, forest, arta and 9.5 in Simpson loafer and double monks..
Tried 9 and 8.5 at the store. 8.5 was snug in toes without socks and 9 was slipping a bit with socks
I may wear them with/without socks. With suede I expect them to stretch a bit as well. Would love to hear personal experiences
They have 80643 (gyw) and 80670 (Blake), which are significanty cheaper..

Jamesbond1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure what extrangers are, but bravo jb.

I do just want to point out several things, I received no such emails from ka explaining about the Chukka’s. I did get several emails for me to purchase items off his site. I sent three emails to ka cs requesting info. I received zero replies. I went on ka’s website regularly to check for updates, nothing. I did understand there would be delays, and waited several months after they were due to request info. It’s cool that from your perspective I’m a whiner, from my perspective you’re a boot licker.
I will order cleverly’s from Kirby Allison or should I also get junior in the mix!! ??
If you take an order and don’t even care to follow up after messing things up then you should get all the **** you deserve for **** customer service!! Hope it gets resolved for you!!

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will order cleverly’s from Kirby Allison or should I also get junior in the mix!! ??
If you take an order and don’t even care to follow up after messing things up then you should get all the **** you deserve for **** customer service!! Hope it gets resolved for you!!
Hi JB1, it’s all good, honestly I never gave him the business for the screw up. I only stated how sad I was that after waiting for a while, my order arrived in the wrong size. They actually did follow up really well after I got the boots. When I contacted them they replied very quickly to send me a return label. I’m hopeful that they will be able to fulfill the order.

However, I did give him the business a month or so ago, based on his failure to even attempt to communicate with his customers about the boots status.

Jamesbond1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi JB1, it’s all good, honestly I never gave him the business for the screw up. I only stated how sad I was that after waiting for a while, my order arrived in the wrong size. They actually did follow up really well after I got the boots. When I contacted them they replied very quickly to send me a return label. I’m hopeful that they will be able to fulfill the order.

However, I did give him the business a month or so ago, based on his failure to even attempt to communicate with his customers about the boots status.

A month is not a day or two. You are a patient man!! I would have given him sovereign grade **** after the 1st week.Keep us posted on the final outcome.

Cheers,

Phoenician

Reaction score
What’s the story with the two amounts in Carmina’s shopping cart; shows $583.30 then when you use the down arrow for order review, comes up to $693? I’m in the US, so it shouldn’t be figuring VAT. Tried another boot model and does the same thing. Of course it charges the higher amount when paying with no explanation what the lower amount could be

9EFF3AB1-F935-4605-B637-04C8EBDB9A9F.jpeg

DL120

Reaction score
What’s the story with the two amounts in Carmina’s shopping cart; shows $583.30 then when you use the down arrow for order review, comes up to $693? I’m in the US, so it shouldn’t be figuring VAT. Tried another boot model and does the same thing. Of course it charges the higher amount when paying with no explanation what the lower amount could be

View attachment 1444567
It’s the link or url you’re using to get there is mixing euros and USD. €583 is roughly $690. It’s displaying euro, but you’re on the US domain, which shows it as $. But when checking out it reverts to the actual USD price based on it being you can only purchase from USA CARMINA site.

not saying it makes sense or is ok, just explaining what’s happening.

Phoenician

Reaction score
It’s the link or url you’re using to get there is mixing euros and USD. €583 is roughly $690. It’s displaying euro, but you’re on the US domain, which shows it as $. But when checking out it reverts to the actual USD price based on it being you can only purchase from USA CARMINA site.

not saying it makes sense or is ok, just explaining what’s happening.

Thanks, appreciate your explanation and the math checks out so that must be it. It just through me for a loop as both numbers were using a dollar sign; if they'd simply add a Euro symbol to the lower number, that would avoid the confusion. Maybe if i point this out to them, they'll be so overwhelmingly appreciative, that they'll make me a bespoke pair of alligator jumpers for free! ;)

Phoenician

Reaction score
Regarding lasts, it seems like the Oscar is just a hair wider than the Forest, but a decent bit longer and more spacious in th toes? Do I have that right?

Theoretically and based on that, would a half-size down from my normal Forest still fit well? THanks for any sage input on this!

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Regarding lasts, it seems like the Oscar is just a hair wider than the Forest, but a decent bit longer and more spacious in th toes? Do I have that right?

Theoretically and based on that, would a half-size down from my normal Forest still fit well? THanks for any sage input on this!

I wouldn't change size. Oscar has a wider toe box but a bit lower volume. I don't believe the length is different in any meaningful way.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads