• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rodolphe

Reaction score
Olive green cordovan is hand painted in our factory. We have run various GMTO which have turned out beautiful.
Hello Sara !
Does it means that I could order Calway boots in Cordovan (at the end of the year) and ask the factory to hand painted them in very dark brown ? The idea would be to get close to the dark cognac color, like this :
Screenshot_20200222_171247.jpg

Carmina

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hello Sara !
Does it means that I could order Calway boots in Cordovan (at the end of the year) and ask the factory to hand painted them in very dark brown ? The idea would be to get close to the dark cognac color, like this :
View attachment 1349938

We usually hand-paint natural cordovan, although the colours we have done in the past are olive green and purple. In this case, we can make some swatches beforehand to try to and replicate the colour.

futsalcs

Reaction score
00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200305072303286_COVER.jpg

I just got these Carmina longwings and I see some dye spillage. Is this something that will go away with wear or should I be looking to return this?

Rodolphe

Reaction score
We usually hand-paint natural cordovan, although the colours we have done in the past are olive green and purple. In this case, we can make some swatches beforehand to try to and replicate the colour.
It would be perfect !
When the Calway will be customizable, I come back to you to ask you the swatches or do you think the factory could do the color test in the near future and you will be able to show to all of us the result ?

ThePhantomHorse

Reaction score
Since we updated our website, there have been issues with gift cards. However, our customer service team will be able to create one for you.
How long until the Issus is resolved? Should I wait until the issue resolved? Is it safe/ok to purchase a gift card before the issue is resolved? Thank you

PartagasIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brolive or painted green cordovan Calways would be pretty great.

The Sandman

Reaction score
Made a rookie mistake... I’m a 12.5D (barely D at that) on the Brannock. I ordered two pairs of Carmina in 11.5 UK (a derby and a shell oxford) on the Rain last and they both fit well... maybe a hair loose at the back but not at all loose in the toes or instep. They’re fine for all day wear and I don’t believe I could go smaller with them.

I also ordered a pair of loafers in 11.5 on the Uetam last. They’re nice and snug up front but fall right off my heels in the back. What to do?

WNovizar

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads