• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

zanci

Reaction score
I got the shoes bought on black friday outlet sale the next week after black friday.

And they were shipped in EU. So very fast.

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got the shoes bought on black friday outlet sale the next week after black friday.

And they were shipped in EU. So very fast.

That's typically the case but it looks like you might be the only one that got your shoes many of us are waiting.

mbaltazar

Reaction score
Guys, I have a "wax" question for you...

Which wax colour do you use for waxing brown and museum calf Carmina shoes? The brown ones are, I don't know, regular box calf brown double monks and the museum is kind of reddish/ oxblood coloured.

Thank's for your insights!

zanci

Reaction score
That's typically the case but it looks like you might be the only one that got your shoes many of us are waiting.
I got the info that it was shipped few days ago though...

But got the shoes in like 5 days from black friday, so good for me.

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got the info that it was shipped few days ago though...

But got the shoes in like 5 days from black friday, so good for me.

Here is the problem, exactly one month after the order was placed.

Dear Mr. X,

Thank you for your recent order #XXXX, we appreciate your business and apologize for any delayed response or inconvenience.

Unfortunately, our system has enabled your order to process although we do not have your item in stock.

Again, we do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Please let us know how you would like to proceed:
1. Exchange the item to alternate selection of equal value, as exchange. (Bought on BF with discount so this is not even an option IMO)
2. Send your requested item into production. Production and shipment will complete within 45 business days.
3. Cancel the order and receive a full refund to your original form of payment.

Thank you kindly and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Carmina US inc.

I haven't decided what I will do this time it was a good deal for BF but I don't know.

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here is the problem, exactly one month after the order was placed.

Dear Mr. X,

Thank you for your recent order #XXXX, we appreciate your business and apologize for any delayed response or inconvenience.

Unfortunately, our system has enabled your order to process although we do not have your item in stock.

Again, we do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Please let us know how you would like to proceed:
1. Exchange the item to alternate selection of equal value, as exchange. (Bought on BF with discount so this is not even an option IMO)
2. Send your requested item into production. Production and shipment will complete within 45 business days.
3. Cancel the order and receive a full refund to your original form of payment.

Thank you kindly and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Carmina US inc.

I haven't decided what I will do this time it was a good deal for BF but I don't know.

They’re offering to make ‘firsts’ for you at the outlet + BF sale price (option 2)? Unless you urgently need the shoes (and I doubt any of us on here are walking around barefoot), this seems like a no-brainer to me.

While I agree that Carmina has some logistics work to be done, it’s a family business that is expanding globally. Going from a small organization to a large is difficult and there are bound to be some growing pains, but as long as they patch those gaps with good customer service that is reasonable in my view. I read this as a sincere effort to make up for it, and personally I would take them up on the offer. I totally get the frustration on your end - this is a really long time to wait. However, this seems like a system problem rather than a people problem. The CS folks are trying to make it right, and as Carmina grows their system will hopefully evolve. I’ve also experienced a few hiccups and delays with Carmina, but their CS has consistently been excellent and solution-oriented. That’s sufficient for me; ultimately they will do their best to make it right.

My two cents - you may (rightly) have a different view.

Genesis9719

Reaction score
Guys, I have a "wax" question for you...

Which wax colour do you use for waxing brown and museum calf Carmina shoes? The brown ones are, I don't know, regular box calf brown double monks and the museum is kind of reddish/ oxblood coloured.

Thank's for your insights!
That really depends on the color of the shoes. Do you want to darken them, or do you want to preserve their original color as much as possible? I don't know the exact color, but based on the brown museum I see most often on the site, I'd use medium brown cream wax. Though waxes are pigmented, light use of them shouldn't darken the leather all too much. If you are still insecure about color, neutral polish will never let you down.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Tonight. The Parisian store. A lot of possible Christmas gifts…

Carmina 1.jpg

Carmina 2.jpg

Carmina 3.jpg

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Carmina opening a retail location in the US has done nothing to improve their US website's transparency--and it doesn't help that they use DHL to ship their products. Placed an order on November 28 for chestnut grain longwing bluchers, which showed as "in stock" on the carminashoemaker.us website. Was informed that stock ran out and they were in production.

DHL told me they would be on my front porch yesterday. Got an update today that they were in a nearby major metropolitan area awaiting delivery. Called to find out that they are actually in customs in Spain. Won't see these until January 8 at the earliest (Merry Christmas?).

I love their shoes, but will be calling the NY store direct or ordering from Gentlemen's Footwear in the future. "You'll get them when you get them--and like it" doesn't fly with me.

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So DHL giveth and DHL taketh away; my shoes arrived today, and they are perfect. They came with some polishing cream, which was nice, but were part of a Black Friday order that also supposedly included a matching belt. Anyone who purchased on Black Friday get their belt? Did it ship separately or with the shoes?

chiggyv

Reaction score
Carmina newbie here.

Is the size stamped inside of Carmina's always in UK? Looking at an eBay listing which has Size X printed on the inside and Size X listed as the US size. Seller doesn't seem to know. I need Size X UK.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads