• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These are Simpsons in 10E, in marron calf. They seem duplicative, because they are, but medallion Adelaides are a weakness for me and I couldn't pass on the price. The fit is spectacular.

This was yesterday and their inaugural wear, so of course it rained. A lot.

IMG_7854.JPG

I'm thinking of dying these to a more merlot/burgundy color, which would increase their utility in my wardrobe. Any thoughts? Is that heresy?

eyeheartny

Reaction score
These are Simpsons in 10E, in marron calf. They seem duplicative, because they are, but medallion Adelaides are a weakness for me and I couldn't pass on the price. The fit is spectacular.

This was yesterday and their inaugural wear, so of course it rained. A lot.

View attachment 853628

I'm thinking of dying these to a more merlot/burgundy color, which would increase their utility in my wardrobe. Any thoughts? Is that heresy?
Don’t dye them! Maybe just a little more antiquing around the toe and sides like the EG dark oak.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Leave em. Is your fear that you have two near identical (or identical?) pairs? Nothing wrong with having two very similar pairs when they look that good.

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Leave em. Is your fear that you have two near identical (or identical?) pairs? Nothing wrong with having two very similar pairs when they look that good.

Thank you. Not a fear exactly, more about how to get the most use out of them. Right now I'm not sure what would make me reach for calf over shell, except perhaps weather. However, burgundy works will pretty much all of my clothing, so it would quickly become a go-to travel shoe. The thought started because these have some (slightly) uneven finishing - that's what made them such a great deal. Much of it resolved with Renomat and polishing, and I can happily live with it, but I've already inceptioned myself. Perhaps I should install a topy and include them in my rotation of rain shoes ...

phsiao08

Reaction score
Hi Carmina,

Were the prices on the Intertional Store raised?

Good afternoon, it looks like we have an opening date... 16th October. Keep checking our newsletters and instagram for more details..

vmss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It seems they increase the price for the Simpson,rain etc with extra 10 euro, but Inca lasted shoes are still the same. I wonder why the regulars are raised and not the Inca lasted shoes.

sungmineyo

Reaction score
Anyone interested in Rain last suede chukka GMTO?

5 eyelet, rubber sole in Polo or snuff suede

Been looking for 5 eyelet suede chukka for a long time but no makeup from retailers nowadays. If there are enough interests, I will organize this GMTO!

Carmina

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Carmina,

Were the prices on the Intertional Store raised?

We have slightly adjusted prices. International pricing has gone up for oxfords doubles monks.. and boots pricing has gone down.

US prices are unchanged.

Hopefully this will be more beneficial for the winter season.

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen, I'll be ordering an MTO from Carmina soon. I'd like a navy blue balmoral; my specific application will be primarily with suits in a business setting, but not an ultra-conservative one (not a presigious law firm or high finance). Thus, I have some flexibility and can break a couple of rules without consequence. I'm sure I will wear them more than in this setting, but that is the most restrictive requirement.

I'd like to gather opinions on a couple of items:

1. Shell or calf? Calf is more correct, but I still get a fair amount of creasing with the particular last I'll select. Navy shell just has a depth of color that is appealing, so I'm torn.

2. Whole cut or plain-toe Adelaide? Wholecuts are awesome but may be a bit aggressive. As noted, an Adelaide is somewhat more informal but that's not a limitation for me.

I'd greatly appreciate your inputs, and if you think I'm missing any considerations I am quite open to feedback. Thanks in advance!

Manav Kapoor

Reaction score
Gentlemen, I'll be ordering an MTO from Carmina soon. I'd like a navy blue balmoral; my specific application will be primarily with suits in a business setting, but not an ultra-conservative one (not a presigious law firm or high finance). Thus, I have some flexibility and can break a couple of rules without consequence. I'm sure I will wear them more than in this setting, but that is the most restrictive requirement.

I'd like to gather opinions on a couple of items:

1. Shell or calf? Calf is more correct, but I still get a fair amount of creasing with the particular last I'll select. Navy shell just has a depth of color that is appealing, so I'm torn.

2. Whole cut or plain-toe Adelaide? Wholecuts are awesome but may be a bit aggressive. As noted, an Adelaide is somewhat more informal but that's not a limitation for me.

I'd greatly appreciate your inputs, and if you think I'm missing any considerations I am quite open to feedback. Thanks in advance!

Carmina also does a Navy Museum Calf, so perhaps that could be a consideration as well? I have never seen it, but I imagine it is Ilcea Navy Museum and I have seen a few Meermin and Vass (below) makeups in it.

Also, is this the wholecut pattern?

zanci

Reaction score
Is there a wholecut boot possible to buy on the site now?

or just mto?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads