• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bm93

Reaction score
Wonderful thank you, do you have other angles as well? Stock photos don't help.

Also snuff correct?

These are tobacco suede.

9733EB09-C21B-446E-AAFA-EAE73CA30418.jpeg
B252B596-F34D-44EB-B08B-17C17A40EC17.jpeg

cc808314

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The MTO NST boots in armagnac shell cordovan on the Oscar last arrived today. Here are few quick shots.

If Carmina will agree to take out the split, I will likely do another pair in bourbon on Llubi.

24A9B08F-222C-4244-974C-CEA959C2FD9D.jpeg

FEABA1B8-11E8-498E-97C9-6C1DC59581D0.jpeg

06BB9490-A8FB-4B77-AA7F-1CD19D1284C3.jpeg

70A5EDDC-EBD6-4497-8EAE-6027EC17C6C7.jpeg

Last edited:

Paul902

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got a red box today, too! :) Brown grain 80184 jumpers on Oscar last with a belt and card holder from the BF sale. The Oscar is a great fit on me. Thanks to @Carmina chat and @jet-stream for the fitting consultations.

These are very comfy out of the box. They were not as initially stiff as my Soller jumpers. The lower instep helps me quite a bit. They also have a lace loop built into the tongue to keep it in place. A nice surprise detail. The Victoria rubber sole is winter appropriate, but not too thick such that they still have an elegant profile. Workmanship and finishing are top notch. Came with 2 boot bags, and extra laces. Love my new cap toes!

I usually go for silver belt buckles, so was unsure about getting the gold one. It is not super shiny, which I quite like. It came in its own belt bag, which was a very nice finishing touch!

IMG_5139.JPG
IMG_5144.JPG
IMG_5158.JPG
IMG_5152.JPG
IMG_5154.JPG

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Subidoc

Reaction score
I like both the above acquisitions. Nicely done.

On the issue of fitting, I had a chance to try on some Aldens last week - a Plaza last boot, and 2 shoes in Aberdeen and Hampton lasts. Strangely, I felt all to be too roomy even on D width. The Plaza is elegantly shaped, but there was too much room under the tongue of the boot. Has anyone had similar experiences? My Oscar lasted boots started almost too snug in places but has softened very nicely. I felt it was initially too flat for my arch but it feels really nice now. The 65 AE last is just perfect for me.

I'd love to hear thoughts...

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like both the above acquisitions. Nicely done.

On the issue of fitting, I had a chance to try on some Aldens last week - a Plaza last boot, and 2 shoes in Aberdeen and Hampton lasts. Strangely, I felt all to be too roomy even on D width. The Plaza is elegantly shaped, but there was too much room under the tongue of the boot. Has anyone had similar experiences? My Oscar lasted boots started almost too snug in places but has softened very nicely. I felt it was initially too flat for my arch but it feels really nice now. The 65 AE last is just perfect for me.

I'd love to hear thoughts...
It sounds like you've got a lower volume foot. I have a similar situation; I wear 11.5EE in plaza and 11EEE in 65 and get basically full closure. My worry is width, so I won't know what works for me in Carmina until I get to their store for fitting.
Now, if it's not just vamp volume and they feel generous in width, you may need to consider C width in Alden. That opens a whole 'nother animal as special widths are 6 month preorders, unless it's a standard make up like a 405 or 975

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The MTO NST boots in armagnac shell cordovan on the Oscar last arrived today. Here are few quick shots.

If Carmina will agree to take out the split, I will likely do another pair in bourbon on Llubi.

View attachment 1103232

View attachment 1103237

View attachment 1103238

View attachment 1103247

These look amazing. Congrats! In my view Oscar appears to be the perfect last for the NST boot. Aesthetically it has the right balance between elegance and robustness.

Would love to see these in natural light when you have the chance to take more pics!

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got a red box today, too! :) Brown grain 80184 jumpers on Oscar last with a belt and card holder from the BF sale. The Oscar is a great fit on me. Thanks to @Carmina chat and @jet-stream for the fitting consultations.

These are very comfy out of the box. They were not as initially stiff as my Soller jumpers. The lower instep helps me quite a bit. They also have a lace loop built into the tongue to keep it in place. A nice surprise detail. The Victoria rubber sole is winter appropriate, but not too thick such that they still have an elegant profile. Workmanship and finishing are top notch. Came with 2 boot bags, and extra laces. Love my new cap toes!

I usually go for silver belt buckles, so was unsure about getting the gold one. It is not super shiny, which I quite like. It came in its own belt bag, which was a very nice finishing touch!

View attachment 1103249 View attachment 1103250 View attachment 1103251 View attachment 1103252 View attachment 1103253

Excellent score, Paul!

I have the Victoria sole on a pair of chukkas and it is robust - enjoy!

Paul902

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Excellent score, Paul!

I have the Victoria sole on a pair of chukkas and it is robust - enjoy!

Thank you. I wanted something that will handle snow and ice. Carmina also mentioned to me that it is their warmest sole. Combined with the grain leather it will make my dressy winter boot here in Canada.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads