• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LeatherFoot

Reaction score
Was at a bar last night with my navy suede loafers when a pint of beer broke in front of me and beer got splashed all over my shoes. At that time I thought the navy would hide any traces of beer but today I woke up and there were visible patches all over.

Took out the Woly suede eraser and brushed the shoes. The stains are coming out but some stubborn patches are still clinging on (although not to visible). The navy colour looks a shade lighter after using the eraser too. Any idea of how to clean out the remaining stains? I'm afraid using the eraser and brush too much will damage the suede.
You could use the Saphir Omni'Nettoyant for really stubborn stains it is like a shampoo for suede. Saphir also has coloured Renovateur sprays for suede that works like cream for calf in adding back colour.

AlexE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Alden has become much better at QC in the last couple years, but they used to be terrible...

Carmina has always been decent in my mind.  Certainly not the best, but alright.

The issue being discussed has not even been responded to by Carmina yet.  So, let the decision regarding their QC or lack thereof be judged then.

I am a big fan of AE and Alden...obviously.

Carmina came back, apologized and they are willing to take the shoes back and refund (I am still checking if they alternatively would also be willing to replace the defect sole such that I get the desired shoes in the end). So what their QC in the factory lacked (my assumption is that they are right now overwhelmed with orders due to the launch of their shoe customizer) they made up with good customer service. So I can keep buying Carmina ...thanks to Betty!!!

Oh, regarding your comment on Alden and AE: I have no experience with Alden, but plenty with AE. I am not a fan of their lasts. And I also think that their quality went a bit downhill since I bought my first pair of Park Avenues in 2008. However, their customer service is unbeatable (only Brooks Brothers is as flexible when it comes to customer service in my experience)..

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Carmina came back, apologized and they are willing to take the shoes back and refund (I am still checking if they alternatively would also be willing to replace the defect sole such that I get the desired shoes in the end). So what their QC in the factory lacked (my assumption is that they are right now overwhelmed with orders due to the launch of their shoe customizer) they made up with good customer service. So I can keep buying Carmina ...thanks to Betty!!!

Oh, regarding your comment on Alden and AE: I have no experience with Alden, but plenty with AE. I am not a fan of their lasts. And I also think that their quality went a bit downhill since I bought my first pair of Park Avenues in 2008. However, their customer service is unbeatable (only Brooks Brothers is as flexible when it comes to customer service in my experience)..

Good to hear this. There has been tremendous advancement by Carmina in all departments. QC is one of them.

I think that Carmina having a tangible presence on this site has helped and encouraged their QC significantly.

Carmina is and will continue to be one of the finest makers for the money available today.

Thanks.

vmss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agree 100% @ watchman1.

I have only great experience with Carminas customer service. Carmina provides in my opinion the best quality-price ratio in the shoe market today. Great lasts, quality materials and customer service. After trying several makers recently, they still remain my favorite maker.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agree as well. Jaime and Betty have always provides the most honest, reasonable, and prompt service. It's unreasonable to expect a small family-owned company to offer the same scope of customer service as a large mega-corporation like Allen Edmonds, but I believe Carmina will always do their best to inspire loyalty in their customers. And the products speak for themselves, of course!

Now if only they would make more wide lasts ;)

Last edited:

Butterfeet

Reaction score

Once cleaned...invest in some Nano spray

Thanks guys for the help. But what's the difference between a nano spray and a regular impregnator?

You could use the Saphir Omni'Nettoyant for really stubborn stains it is like a shampoo for suede. Saphir also has coloured Renovateur sprays for suede that works like cream for calf in adding back colour. 

Skyhigh

Reaction score
Received my MTO special:

CAP TOE DERBY SHOES 748
Brown Karangrein
Lining Calf Leather Green
Last and sole Forest EEE & Dainite sole
FDouble sole with storm welt & Chestnut edge
Without Medallion
Eyelets Vintage brass
Laces Brown Flat shoe laces
No punch on the cap toe, double seam.

vmss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Received my MTO special:

CAP TOE DERBY SHOES 748
Brown Karangrein
Without Medallion
Eyelets Vintage brass

They turned out great ! Love the combination. Are these on the Oscar or forest last?

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does Unipair ship to the U.S.?

LeatherFoot

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the help. But what's the difference between a nano spray and a regular impregnator?

Functionally they work the same way so they are just different trade names. For example Tarrago has the Hightech Nano Protector, which could be to which Butterfeet is referring. Saphir calls their solution the Super Invulner.

shunted22

Reaction score

Received my MTO special:

CAP TOE DERBY SHOES 748
Brown Karangrein
Without Medallion
Eyelets Vintage brass

Is this the same as Zug?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads