• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

scrolls

Reaction score
Gonna repost this GMTO one more time since it changed slightly. Carmina 10027 tan calf chukka on rain last with Dainite sole. ~$387 USD through Skoaktiebolaget. Carmina's prices are increasing March 1 so trying to get orders in ASAP.

I didn't realize Carmina had a 3-eyelet chukka on rain last so the GMTO will be the 10027 model seen below:

in the lovely tan calf:

@sacafotos and @zinc2162 expressed interest in the Skoaktiebolaget thread so pending their final decisions, we'd need 3 more. Cheers!

Last edited:

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Recently picked up my first pair of Carminas! They were used but the deal was too great to pass up for burgundy shell wholecuts. Hopefully wearing them causal with khaki is not too much of a faux pas!

EvilTuna7

Reaction score
Gonna repost this GMTO one more time since it changed slightly. Carmina 10027 tan calf chukka on rain last with Dainite sole. ~$387 USD through Skoaktiebolaget. Carmina's prices are increasing March 1 so trying to get orders in ASAP.

I didn't realize Carmina had a 3-eyelet chukka on rain last so the GMTO will be the 10027 model seen below:

in the lovely tan calf:

@sacafotos and @zinc2162 expressed interest in the Skoaktiebolaget thread so pending their final decisions, we'd need 3 more. Cheers!

I'd be interested. Who do I get in touch with?

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recently ordered a pair of Carmina's from Skoaktiebaloget and was impressed with the quality of the shoes. They were beautiful and certainly a step up from the Allen Edmonds collection that I have. Unfortunately, they didnt fit me, so it cost me $85 to find that out. I would love to try some other lasts and styles, but the high cost of returns should they not fit means that I wont be able to.

I am a somewhat difficult fit in that I have a long arch and slightly low volume feet, so ymmv.

scrolls

Reaction score
I'd be interested. Who do I get in touch with?

Awesome! It's through Skoaktiebolaget--they have an affiliate thread on Styleforum. If we get the minimum of 6, we each pay our deposit and then the shoes are produced. But for now I'm trying to recruit 6 people total and then we can go forward with it.

So who else is interested? Only need 2 more!

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I recently ordered a pair of Carmina's from Skoaktiebaloget and was impressed with the quality of the shoes. They were beautiful and certainly a step up from the Allen Edmonds collection that I have. Unfortunately, they didnt fit me, so it cost me $85 to find that out. I would love to try some other lasts and styles, but the high cost of returns should they not fit means that I wont be able to.

I am a somewhat difficult fit in that I have a long arch and slightly low volume feet, so ymmv.

What size and last?

Foxhound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone interested in doing this GMTO again?
80277-GMTO-Cognac-Cordovan-01_grande.jpg

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
10.5 Simpson

It was too big, but going to a 10 would have meant the arch wouldnt have fit me. I hate my feet :(

halfnhalfnhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Recently picked up my first pair of Carminas! They were used but the deal was too great to pass up for burgundy shell wholecuts. Hopefully wearing them causal with khaki is not too much of a faux pas!

Those are superb. A traditionalist would say they are not casual, but if I'd just gotten those I'd look for any excuse to wear them too.
smile.gif

Sandwich

Reaction score
@scrolls How do you know that their prices are increasing on March 1? Do you know by how much? - trying to decide on whether I should pull the trigger on some boots : )

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prxtzt