• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NJE66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I take the same size in both, but caveats: I have a low-volume foot, narrow heels, and need room in the toes. Robert is pretty darn good for me, whereas rain in the same size is a little tighter in the toes, but has more volume through the cone than I need (same in the heels). Robert is a very good loafer last for me - a lot like Uetam, but with more room in the toes. However, if you have a higher-volume foot, it may not work as well.

That's for my foot of course - YMMV.

Thank you for the provided information. Helps a lot.

NJE66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I take the same size in both, but caveats: I have a low-volume foot, narrow heels, and need room in the toes. Robert is pretty darn good for me, whereas rain in the same size is a little tighter in the toes, but has more volume through the cone than I need (same in the heels). Robert is a very good loafer last for me - a lot like Uetam, but with more room in the toes. However, if you have a higher-volume foot, it may not work as well.

Helps a lot. Thank you.

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Adelaides getting some good time in this week:
IMG_7229.JPG

IMG_7231.JPG

galileo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks for tips. Tried Rain yesterday and it's quite voluminous for me too. Simpson's toe box still slightly restricting. Now there's alternative.

Carmina

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I would deeply appreciate if anyone shared their experience from robert last, particularly regarding width and in comparison to Rain.

Thank you in advance

Thank you members for helping @NJE66 Just as an extra piece of information, the insole measurements for the Rain last (sample size 7.5 uk) are 286 x 95 mm) and the Robert last measures 285 x 97mm.

galileo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you members for helping @NJE66 Just as an extra piece of information, the insole measurements for the Rain last (sample size 7.5 uk) are 286 x 95 mm) and the Robert last measures 285 x 97mm.

I always wonder which last has the smallest heel cup? Simpson is fine while the toebox restricting.

Carmina

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I always wonder which last has the smallest heel cup? Simpson is fine while the toebox restricting.

Generally speaking, narrower lasts hace smaller heel cups. If you are looking for narrower heels you should probably go for the Deia or the Simpson last.

Do bare in mind every one is different and there is no universal truth regarding how shoes fit.

galileo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Generally speaking, narrower lasts hace smaller heel cups. If you are looking for narrower heels you should probably go for the Deia or the Simpson last.

Do bare in mind every one is different and there is no universal truth regarding how shoes fit.

My feet probably same type to jet-stream as "low-volume foot, narrow heels, and need room in the toes", and even have heel slip with Uetam. Heard Alcudia might be another better solution?

aristoi bcn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 835888 View attachment 835889

You can find a comparison of the Uetam (suede loafer) Vs. the Alcudia last. They have very similar features but as you said, you might find your heel has a better grip.

Can anyone give us some insight regarding the Alcudia last?

Yes. I have several pairs in Simpson last, which fits me very well after some break-in and I also have a pair in Alcudia last. Aesthetically is an almond shape last similar to Simpson but I find the instep higher. I wish there were more models in Alcudia.

Carmina

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Yes. I have several pairs in Simpson last, which fits me very well after some break-in and I also have a pair in Alcudia last. Aesthetically is an almond shape last similar to Simpson but I find the instep higher. I wish there were more models in Alcudia.

We can look into it for the style forum Carmina GMTO.

Getting back to this topic. Would you like to start discussing the possible models, leather.. that could interest you?

galileo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So I would better stay with Simpson Deia & Uetam, sigh.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads