• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Canada Goose

lesamourai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The video is a joke. Don't be such stiffly stiffersons. But I am interested in your depreciated chilliwack if its an XS :D

Oddly enough it is a size XS. I'll probably put it up tomorrow once I get some good pics of it.

This week I also saw two CG fakes around the city. The faux fur was pretty noticeable and the jackets looked really thin.

Last edited:

NerdBird

Reaction score

Like I mentioned to blairh through pm, it has nothing to do specifically with that model--as I have never seen it in person--more to do with the fact I handled the Cartel while making my choice to go with the Chateau and was quite disappointed with the general feel, construction and overall aesthetic. (Not that this is directly transferable to the Yatesy, but it left me with a sour taste concerning the brand as a whole.) I'm sure if you made the decision to buy, it will be more than satisfactory.

Oh, I see. Yeah, the Yatesy is the only jacket from this season that I like from Nobis. Next year, their season is gonna be more "military-inspired".

charvin

Reaction score

blairh

Reaction score

What are your thoughts on the longevity and wearability of this colour?

Military green is timeless. Wearability is another issue. I find this color is more casual than a black, navy, or grey. So as long as you don't want to look formal, you're fine. If you plan on wearing a scarf, it will be harder to match. That's if.

This color jacket tends to look best in jeans. Also keep in mind that the front buttons are more prominent in all models that are not black and navy. I went with the black Chateau for many reasons including the fact that the front buttons aren't as obvious. But I do like this color Chateau too.

charvin

Reaction score
Is there any difference between Men and Women's sizes besides the obvious measurement differences? I see that Altitude sports has a women's Chilliwack in M in stock which is the equivalence of a Men's size S.

Also, can anyone who has seen or own a Yorkville Bomber in graphite colour verify if the picture shown here (http://www.thetannery.com/ProductDetails.aspx?g=2&bid=48&mode=brand&pid=21720&sid=47435) is actually graphite? I ask because it seems like it could also be the black coloured jacket and just don't want to get one different from what is shown.

Last edited:

Patrick James

Reaction score
I believe that is just regular black. When CG does Graphite it is another material entirely. And, in my honest opinion, it is not very durable. Thus the reason I sold my Alberta vest. If you get your zipper caught or bump into a protruding edge, kiss that baby goodbye.

NerdBird

Reaction score

Is there any difference between Men and Women's sizes besides the obvious measurement differences? I see that Altitude sports has a women's Chilliwack in M in stock which is the equivalence of a Men's size S.

Also, can anyone who has seen or own a Yorkville Bomber in graphite colour verify if the picture shown here (http://www.thetannery.com/ProductDetails.aspx?g=2&bid=48&mode=brand&pid=21720&sid=47435) is actually graphite? I ask because it seems like it could also be the black coloured jacket and just don't want to get one different from what is shown.

The women's chiliwack has the button flap on the right side of the jacket and also has black buttons: http://www.canada-goose.com/products-2/womens/womens-chilliwack-bomber/

The men's chiliwack has the button flap on the left side of the jacket and has no buttons: http://www.canada-goose.com/products-2/mens/mens-chilliwack-bomber/

The graphite colour is a dark grey and looks like this (not me in the pic):
manitobafit03.jpg

I believe that is just regular black. When CG does Graphite it is another material entirely. And, in my honest opinion, it is not very durable. Thus the reason I sold my Alberta vest. If you get your zipper caught or bump into a protruding edge, kiss that baby goodbye.

Graphite is just a colour, not a material. I think you're confusing the Yorkville and Yukon bombers.

The Yorkville bomber has a regular insulated fit and is made of the same outer shell as the chiliwack (85% polyester/15% cotton blend with DWR finish).

The Yukon bomber has a slim insulated fit and the outer shell is made of ripstop nylon with a DWR finish, similar to the Manitoba jacket.

Last edited:

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What are your thoughts on the longevity and wearability of this colour?

I went with black for mine, because I needed it to wear to work and casual. Anything else looks more casual imo. Maybe I'll take a couple photos to help people out with the fit of it. Later on I'll do that.

charvin

Reaction score
The women's chiliwack has the button flap on the right side of the jacket and also has black buttons: http://www.canada-goose.com/products-2/womens/womens-chilliwack-bomber/
The men's chiliwack has the button flap on the left side of the jacket and has no buttons: http://www.canada-goose.com/products-2/mens/mens-chilliwack-bomber/
The graphite colour is a dark grey and looks like this (not me in the pic):
manitobafit03.jpg

Graphite is just a colour, not a material. I think you're confusing the Yorkville and Yukon bombers.
The Yorkville bomber has a regular insulated fit and is made of the same outer shell as the chiliwack (85% polyester/15% cotton blend with DWR finish).
The Yukon bomber has a slim insulated fit and the outer shell is made of ripstop nylon with a DWR finish, similar to the Manitoba jacket.

In your opinion, do you think there will be any major differences then for the Men/Women jackets? Such things like a more narrow waist/chest area, etc? I don't have a local retail store here where I can go and see any sorts of CG jackets in person so I have to go off of info from what I come across.

NerdBird

Reaction score

In your opinion, do you think there will be any major differences then for the Men/Women jackets? Such things like a more narrow waist/chest area, etc? I don't have a local retail store here where I can go and see any sorts of CG jackets in person so I have to go off of info from what I come across.

I haven't tried them on, so I can't say. If you don't mind people being able to tell that it's a woman's jacket, go for it. Otherwise, I'd say wait for your size to turn up. There are multiple authorized CG dealers.

blairh

Reaction score

Would you really wear a women's Chilliwack? It has outer buttons, unlike the men's Chilliwack. That fact alone would stop me from getting it.

I'm curious where you live. If it's Canada, I don't recommend wearing a women's CG coat around town.

Last edited:

charvin

Reaction score
Would you really wear a women's Chilliwack? It has outer buttons, unlike the men's Chilliwack. That fact alone would stop me from getting it.
I'm curious where you live. If it's Canada, I don't recommend wearing a women's CG coat around town.

I actually wanted the Chateau sized S, but then I found myself wanting to get Chilliwack/Yukon Bomber.
Waiting to hear back from CS of the tannery to see what their response is towards their explanation of graphite colour from previous post since the picture shows a black jacket. If it's very similar to the picture provided from NerdBird, I'd be ok with it.

Last edited:

NerdBird

Reaction score

I actually wanted the Chateau sized S, but then I found myself wanting to get Chilliwack/Yukon Bomber.

I'd say go with the Chateau. It's a much nicer jacket, though maybe not as warm and you'll have to add an extra layer for extra cold temperatures.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads