• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Canada Goose

linds_15

Reaction score

CG has become douchbag central around here and at the end of the trend cycle for the second time, so damn sad.

I wouldn't call CG a lifetime investment due to the fact that the pockets starts to look worn real quick and the velcro rips the end of the sleeve and the deal breaker, they only make two coats that are waterproof.

If its raining its too warm for a goose

wonderwall

Reaction score
P.S. I know they're only showing XXL, but try calling them if you're desperate. Lastly, I (kinda) successfully removed the logo arm patch, so it's doable for those of you who are wondering.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
for those with calgary or have tried one on, im 5'7 140lbs and wear a small in most brands and am a 36 chest. i thought since calgary is slim and was part of the japanese line, that small would be fine ... or do you think i need to size down to XS?

Jean-Claude VanDamme

Reaction score

CG has become douchbag central around here and at the end of the trend cycle for the second time, so damn sad.
I wouldn't call CG a lifetime investment due to the fact that the pockets starts to look worn real quick and the velcro rips the end of the sleeve and the deal breaker, they only make two coats that are waterproof.

I agree. Originally it was mostly azn hypebeasts who wore it, but now I see fratboys and guys in their 40s trying to be the cool dad wearing Canada Goose.

Last edited:

lesamourai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I agree. Originally it was mostly azn hypebeasts who wore it, but now I see fratboys and guys in their 40s trying to be the cool dad wearing Canada Goose.

*Looks at location*

Great, I still have a few more years of being a non-douche in America.

for those with calgary or have tried one on, im 5'7 140lbs and wear a small in most brands and am a 36 chest. i thought since calgary is slim and was part of the japanese line, that small would be fine ... or do you think i need to size down to XS?

5'8'', 135 or so. I had to get an XS in the chiliwack if that's any help.

Last edited:

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

*Looks at location*

Great, I still have a few more years of being a non-douche in America.

5'8'', 135 or so. I had to get an XS in the chiliwack if that's any help.

lol as asian requests more information to buy a new canada goose jacket

edit: right i understand that regular line CG, most size down one. but chilliwack is not the *** line, so i dont know how it compares

Last edited:

lesamourai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

lol as asian requests more information to buy a new canada goose jacket
edit: right i understand that regular line CG, most size down one. but chilliwack is not the *** line, so i dont know how it compares

Ohh, right I forgot about that. Well, Context has measurements for the Manitoba which is also in the travel collection, so that might help you.

gearhead

Reaction score
I have a black calgary size small, ( i'm 5'7 120 lbs )
Still roomy for me, i could've went xs but i wanted the option to layer
I would suggest a small for you korean dude, check holts, due west, rainbow jeans, ssense, harry rosen, corey's, etc. seems like a crapload of retailers in toronto are carrying the goose this year
holts service is exceptionally well, if another location has stock, they will hold it or ship it to the location where you want to pick up
try calling uncle otis, they are better that way

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I would suggest a small for you korean dude, check holts, due west, rainbow jeans, ssense, harry rosen, corey's, etc. seems like a crapload of retailers in toronto are carrying the goose this year
holts service is exceptionally well, if another location has stock, they will hold it or ship it to the location where you want to pick up

Damn. Time to hit the gym!

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

THANKS very helpful ... actually jhoo from Lost & Found got me in touch with uncle otis

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

If its raining its too warm for a goose

I live in Scandinavia and I'm a dog owner, so our climate is a bit different, than the Canadian also being a dog owner I spend most of my time while outside standing still looking at my dog playing.

Around here the first time around (7 years ago) it was primary rich stylish young people, the second time it was people hoping they had died as a trend and hoped it had turned in a classic, but that failed.

I was in the Scandinavian importers shop earlier this week and one of the biggest douches I have seen in a while, was trying on PBI edition and was saying the seal logo was great, so people couldn't see it was a goose, well the bright blue colour and the other logos could be a tell.

lesamourai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I live in Scandinavia and I'm a dog owner, so our climate is a bit different, than the Canadian also being a dog owner I spend most of my time while outside standing still looking at my dog playing.
Around here the first time around (7 years ago) it was primary rich stylish young people, the second time it was people hoping they had died as a trend and hoped it had turned in a classic, but that failed.
I was in the Scandinavian importers shop earlier this week and one of the biggest douches I have seen in a while, was trying on PBI edition and was saying the seal logo was great, so people couldn't see it was a goose, well the bright blue colour and the other logos could be a tell.

Seal? As in the animal? I guess dude didn't realize that it's Polar Bear International, eh? Oh well, if I keep warm at the expense of looking a tad douchey that 's ok. It's only for three or four months anyways.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i dunno the whole argument of asian hipsters and now EVERYONE wearing cg is news to me. when im in NYC or even in DC, its only North Face everywhere. the few who are more "fashionable" and want to show off have the flashy/shiny monclers. never really seen that many CG's

fungz0r

Reaction score
In canada CG is worn everywhere, but yeah i haven't seen CG in the states that much

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads