• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Buying from Vass

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm
they did wide width for von rothbart...

I was at the shop five years ago.
Trust me, at the time they couldn't fit me RTW.
I wear 4E running shoes.

horst

Reaction score
Update Time!

I received the shoes today. I only took an educated guess at my size (US 11, went for a Vass 45) and it fit perfectly. I didn't really care because I was willing to just order another pair, and I'm sure I could have recovered most, if not all, of my investment by selling on these forums.

I was wary of spending $640 at first, since this is a bit of a step up from my C&J's, Aldens, AE's etc. However, I feel like the shoes are a steal at that price. I'm not going to post pictures because my camera sucks and there are plenty of pictures our there, but these things FEEL so well made. I am VERY pleased with the shoes and will enjoy wearing them for the next many many years.

Overall, working directly with Eva was great. We worked only through email. She was slow to respond several times, but she always got back to me within 2-3 days. Like I mentioned before, she let me change colors, add JR soles, and add a rubber toe tip for what appears to have been free. The price was always $640. Surprisingly the shipping only took 4 days. The day the shoes entered the U.S., I was contacted by FedEx and was asked to fill out a form. I filled out the form, sent it back via email, and my shoes arrived the next day. No charge or anything.

I hope this helps anyone who is considering ordering directly from Vass. I'm not sure I could have found a better shoe for less than $700 all-in. Feel free to ask any questions about the process.

MMorley

Reaction score
I am very interested in buying a pair of Vass, but I am rather uncertain of the sizing. I read quite a lot of different takes on the sizing for the different lasts. I am a rather true 9 UK in length, but my forefoot is a bit on the wide side. Not wide enough to fit into a wide fitting C&J, but wide enough to take a roomy last. For example the C&J 337 on 9 E fits rather well, but could be just a little roomier on the left foot. Same goes for the Alfred Sargent Handgrade on the AS53 in 9 F. Could someone advice me on the correct last and size for Vass that would fit well on my feet? I might live in Europe, but Vass are not available in my country.

geoffmartin17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MMorley; i'll offer my advice, given that i'm the same size and have the same width of a foot. I would say that in the F last or P2 last you are a 43EU. For the U-last, i would recommend somehow trying it on before you buy, as you could be either a 43.5 or a 44. -

MMorley

Reaction score
Originally Posted by geoffmartin17
MMorley; i'll offer my advice, given that i'm the same size and have the same width of a foot. I would say that in the F last or P2 last you are a 43EU. For the U-last, i would recommend somehow trying it on before you buy, as you could be either a 43.5 or a 44. -
Thanks a bunch geoffmartin. I knew I could not be the only one in this position. How would you compare the fit of the F and P2 last?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads