• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

William Kazak

Reaction score
How have you received your blazers and suit jackets when purchased on eBay? One seller said they are folded and sent in a plastic bag. I don't like that idea especially because linen wrinkles so easily. I mentioned that he could place them in a box and fold it like you see travelers using a suitcase. Seller said everyone is using plastic bags and that I could iron or steam them. What do you think?

Henry S

Reaction score
How have you received your blazers and suit jackets when purchased on eBay? One seller said they are folded and sent in a plastic bag. I don't like that idea especially because linen wrinkles so easily. I mentioned that he could place them in a box and fold it like you see travelers using a suitcase. Seller said everyone is using plastic bags and that I could iron or steam them. What do you think?
Drop93 does the same so I think using a plastic bag is fair but not ideal.

ppk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
All of the coats and jackets I have purchased have come in a plastic bag and then packed in a box or another bag. They are very wrinkled when they arrive. I usually hang them up for a few days and then steam them. I personally don't like it, but it seems to be the standard.

div25sec9

Reaction score
There is no perfect packing solution; people ship in plastic bags to protect the garment from weather and spills. If a box gets left on the porch, and it rains, then the garment might be ruined. I used to ship in plastic, but cut it back as it was an expense (and environmental waste) for a small chance of protection.

acconrad

Reaction score
some good tips on what to look for in vintage cufflinks on ebay? my filters are:

* used (not new)
* by precious metal
* visually inspecting the ones that aren't t-bars
* anything else?

eddyroxx

Reaction score
Bags like the ones you get at the dry cleaners help keep the garment wrinkle free. Don’t remember the explanation, but had something to do with static and friction (shark tank episode).
That’s how I ship blazers/suits, and how I prefer to receive them.

acconrad

Reaction score
Uggggggh I'm subject of a buyer scam. Purchased a pair of my pants, then immediately issued a chargeback for "item not as described" even though I provided numerous pictures, all dimensions for all areas, and have a stellar seller/buyer rating. And PayPal is favoring the buyer right now and taking my money back. What do I do? Am I screwed? What kind of evidence do I need to provide here? It seems so obvious that this buyer is a scammer because they have a dubious email address, no buyer rating on the platform, ... but it seems like Paypal unwaveringly favors buyers even with ample evidence.

goatamous II

Reaction score
Uggggggh I'm subject of a buyer scam. Purchased a pair of my pants, then immediately issued a chargeback for "item not as described" even though I provided numerous pictures, all dimensions for all areas, and have a stellar seller/buyer rating. And PayPal is favoring the buyer right now and taking my money back. What do I do? Am I screwed? What kind of evidence do I need to provide here? It seems so obvious that this buyer is a scammer because they have a dubious email address, no buyer rating on the platform, ... but it seems like Paypal unwaveringly favors buyers even with ample evidence.
YMMV but I've found that PayPal in the past will work with you if you've built up a good track record and have all the evidence (which it sounds like you do)

Call them to start and then I'm sure you'll have to upload all evidence you have
It may take some time, but hopefully you get a reasonable person who overturns the decision
Good luck

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good resources for item names? Things always sell better when you can id exactly what it is.
Here's a few I know of and refer to often:

lulufanatics.com is great, and easy to search. On the subject of Lulu, is there a way to id something that still has a tag but no dot code? I don't see anything equating to the dot code on the neck tag.

Taylor stitch has an incomplete archive, but it's better than nothing.

For the absolute beginner: Patagucci has style codes on all their tags that is easily searchable, same goes for J.Crew all their associated sub-brands. If you don't want to take the time to research each piece, at least include a pic of that tag in your listing, let the hive mind of ppl looking at your stuff do their own research. It might help sell an otherwise ordinary piece.
A lot of other brands include style codes that aren't easily searchable, anyone have any advice/inside knowledge on say PRL? For several years, their stuff has included a white 1" x 1/2" label with style/production codes.

Anything else that would help out?

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Blocklist time. This was unprovoked and in reference to an obviously honest mistake.

IMG_4254.jpeg

triathlete

Reaction score
a bit of a different question, but it belongs here as well as anywhere else: how would you describe being a full-time ebay seller on a resume? I was laid off from a corporate job a year ago and have been actively looking for wrk, but also spending a fair amount of time selling to keep some money coming in. The year gap on the resume is a bigger and bigger liability the more time passes, but I don't quite know how to spin 'thrifting' as a viable experience.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
a bit of a different question, but it belongs here as well as anywhere else: how would you describe being a full-time ebay seller on a resume? I was laid off from a corporate job a year ago and have been actively looking for wrk, but also spending a fair amount of time selling to keep some money coming in. The year gap on the resume is a bigger and bigger liability the more time passes, but I don't quite know how to spin 'thrifting' as a viable experience.

for me reselling is one component of a larger business practice .

for instance maybe you have sold on behalf of other people . now you're a consignor and there are a bunch of skills that may be more viable for your resume than straight up picking n flipping .

idk what you would consider to be preferable as a resume experience but there are plenty of legitimate frames and ideas that you could build off of resale . just think about it like a business plan and then use that plan on your resume . it might even make enough sense to pursue while you are in between jorbs .

Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Business owner
Marketing
Photography
Customer Service
Shipping & Receiving
Etc…

goatamous II

Reaction score
Bit biased because I fully understand being a flipper as well. Having been an interviewer countless times, I'd say just be honest, but spin it in a corporate manner:

Got laid off, took a mental break before going full into job search again. In the meantime, you found this hobby that you thought might be more, so you focused on that for a bit
This is where you would ham it up and talk about how you ran a small business and had to manage inventory, your COGS, etc (the items Fueco named)
In the end your skills and background aren't being fully utilized and you want to get back into steady work where you can grow and continue to develop your skills

workshop an answer like that and I think you can get through with a reasonable person interviewing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads