• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Has anyone been able to succeed in fighting a bogus SNAD claim lately?
I actually won a Paypal SNAD Third Party CC Chargeback recently....only took like 90 days to resolve. I didn't even know that was possible.

The last one I "won" on ebay was a couple months back. It was international and took 16 calls to eBay to resolve. I ended keeping the money and the buyer kept the item and also got a refund from eBay.

Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I actually won a Paypal SNAD Third Party CC Chargeback recently....only took like 90 days to resolve. I didn't even know that was possible.

The last one I "won" on ebay was a couple months back. It was international and took 16 calls to eBay to resolve. I ended keeping the money and the buyer kept the item and also got a refund from eBay.

Yeah, I’m guessing that it’s not even worth trying, but this guy has me pissed off. He’s claiming that a pair of cycling shorts I sold him aren’t the high end model. I never claimed they were and even had the model name in the listing and shown in the pictures. He’s basically pissed that he got a $100 pair of bike shorts for $27 instead of getting a $230 pair. As if I’d have a $230 pair listed for $27...

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You might consider blocking this asshole on Grailed: user name nickyjonesy

He asked me to make a special exception to mail overseas. Then asked me to falsify customs forms after the fact. I told him I could lose my job (morality clause), he said cool, then tried to feedback extort me into a partial refund:
CE28906F-6724-48D7-9EA2-E249E9B63673.jpeg

9511D122-49AC-40C4-9BE8-3BE047AAFF20.jpeg

B62D5142-7057-4020-80F9-42FFE5E675FE.jpeg

BA8C6BDF-F9F8-424A-8977-4F043168727B.jpeg

D13DE231-B056-4669-A404-4DDDD050165F.jpeg

goatamous II

Reaction score
While giving poor feedback due to customs charges is dickish, I don't see the request for a partial refund (unless you're assuming it will make him change his tone)

Still, **** that request
FWIW I find feedback on grailed to be pretty moot

dadjeans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You might consider blocking this asshole on Grailed: user name nickyjonesy

He asked me to make a special exception to mail overseas. Then asked me to falsify customs forms after the fact. I told him I could lose my job (morality clause), he said cool, then tried to feedback extort me into a partial refund:
Perhaps he's having trouble with your American English? Maybe try the following:

Oi! U fookin twat! U think Im getting nicked over 38 quid, youre dreaming mate. Quit being such a miserable ******* ****, pay up and sod off. Wanker.

Rich G

Reaction score
I suspect with the helpdesk closures, there is going to be an even smaller chance of winning any cases in the near future, as they're just going to be trying to close off a backlog of cases by simply closing them off the easiest way possible (by closing in buyers favour).
That's just what happened to me yesterday :( I sold an expensive camera lens with a stuck aperture closure. I clearly described the problem in big bold font (knowing that people are fond of not carefully reading things) and I priced it about $100.00 under the going rate. A big camera place bought it, and after receiving it complained that...wait for it.. the aperture wasn't closing! I wrote them and sent them the text of the listing. The eBay description was five lines long and three of the lines were describing the problem. He put in a claim with eBay and they instantly closed the claim in his favor. Bah!

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That's just what happened to me yesterday :( I sold an expensive camera lens with a stuck aperture closure. I clearly described the problem in big bold font (knowing that people are fond of not carefully reading things) and I priced it about $100.00 under the going rate. A big camera place bought it, and after receiving it complained that...wait for it.. the aperture wasn't closing! I wrote them and sent them the text of the listing. The eBay description was five lines long and three of the lines were describing the problem. He put in a claim with eBay and they instantly closed the claim in his favor. Bah!
Question, did you classify the condition as "used" or "for parts not working"

madeinbogota

Reaction score
Biggest sale of all-time this weekend. Now I really know the feeling of holding your breath until you get the news that it fits & they're happy. Hopefully the longer I hold, the more I know I don't have corona.

Aquafortis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a quick question for those much more experienced sellers here,, and with Ebay customer service call-in closed, I thought I would post this although I realize it may have been answered someplace in the previous couple-thousand pages of the thread.

I got an offer on an item yesterday from a potential buyer. When I look at their feedback profile it shows a number of very favorable reviews within the last 6 months from about a half-dozen buyers of this bidders items. Every item they garnered feedback for is an identical N95 mask. However, when I click on the "Items for sale" of the bidder, no results come up. It just seems fishy to me. Thoughts are appreciated. Thanks!

They made a good offer on my item and it expires later today.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have a quick question for those much more experienced sellers here,, and with Ebay customer service call-in closed, I thought I would post this although I realize it may have been answered someplace in the previous couple-thousand pages of the thread.

I got an offer on an item yesterday from a potential buyer. When I look at their feedback profile it shows a number of very favorable reviews within the last 6 months from about a half-dozen buyers of this bidders items. Every item they garnered feedback for is an identical N95 mask. However, when I click on the "Items for sale" of the bidder, no results come up. It just seems fishy to me. Thoughts are appreciated. Thanks!

They made a good offer on my item and it expires later today.
Ebay has temporarily banned and removed listings of things like n95 masks and hand sanitizer.

Rich G

Reaction score
Question, did you classify the condition as "used" or "for parts not working"
Hi,
I didn't sell the lens as "parts not working" because as I explained in my listing, I didn't have the proper camera to test it with. I couldn't figure out how to adjust the aperture manually, but wasn't sure if there was a problem or not. Again, all explained in the listing. In hindsight, with listings like this (that I don't sell as "not working") I usually put "may need work" in the title just to make sure people see there may be a problem. Should have done that in this case.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics