• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can someone help me decipher this? Is this guy unhappy? Should I offer a refund?...it sounds like he is happy then unhappy or maybe ok???

I received the vest the other day and was extremely surprised by it's "like new" condition because the add described it as Vintage.

You described this vest as being "down" yet nowhere on any of the labeling is that mentioned. I was also very surprised to see washing instructions on the inside pocket. I have several pieces of other down clothing and none of them offer washing instructions but all do mention that cleaning should be done by a professional. This is not a down product.
I don't know, Who is this guy? I had a buyer who swore "Vintage" meant "New".

Also, down vests are indeed washable...even dryable. The ones I have instruct to put tennis balls in the dryer with them to fluff the feathers.

Link to one of my post's about it from last year. Only my label said dry with a tennis shoe....
http://www.styleforum.net/t/9006/th...t-store-bragging-thread/58800_50#post_6014054

Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Can someone help me decipher this? Is this guy unhappy? Should I offer a refund?...it sounds like he is happy then unhappy or maybe ok???
[TR] [TD] [COLOR=000000]I received the vest the other day and was extremely surprised by it's "like new" condition because the add described it as Vintage. You described this vest as being "down" yet nowhere on any of the labeling is that mentioned. I was also very surprised to see washing instructions on the inside pocket. I have several pieces of other down clothing and none of them offer washing instructions but all do mention that cleaning should be done by a professional. This is not a down product.[/COLOR] [/TD] [/TR]
This made my morning... He's a moron! I have down products with labels, without labels, with hand washing instructions, with machine washing instructions, with "clean by professional". Tell him to pull a feather out and then tell you it's not down!

Tweets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm really confused on the first line, he's surprised its in good shape because it was supposed to be vintage??? Did he assume it would be torn to threads? I think I'll respond and fish around to get his thoughts.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Post pics here, I'm curious..

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is it worth the time to knot ties? Pictures look better, sure. But you're adding and extra 60-90 seconds. Really marginal, yeah, but I don't see clothing websites showing knotted and I wonder. 
It's about how you knot them. There's a way to simulate a traditional knot without taking the time to actually tie one.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not so sure on this one. Could be down if the insulation felt like down. I can't tell from the pics.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As for vintage stuff and condition, I recently sold a 1944 suit coat that looked like it came from a time machine...

Tweets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not so sure on this one. Could be down if the insulation felt like down. I can't tell from the pics.

It's either down, or down substitute (Dacron Hollofil 808) which is what I told him, and that I didn't cut it open to find out which it was.

Tweets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I swear, I'm either a horrible seller or just find dumb buyers...another message this morning "at first I questions the packing, however after hanging for a while the folds did not show"

Do people really think I was going to ship a suit and not fold it? I put a 3 piece in a 12 x 12 x 8 box which is pretty minimal folding compared to what I have stuffed them in before.

ScottW

Reaction score
I assume you're going to Japan as most of my narrow width shoes have, I wouldn't be concerned, I've made at least 15 shipments over there in the past couple months, all have gone great, all have left great feedback and 4-5 have returned for another purchase. They seem to be a little more willing to pay for a good product to and I've had multiple BINOBO listings just get bought without making an offer.
Yeah, Japan. Not too worried about that one.

What has me ******** bricks is this question I just got about measurements for another pair of shooz. Buyer has 0 feedback and is in Ukraine, which along with Russia (both continents' worth) is on my excluded list. He can't hit BIN, right? Should I just ignore his question?

Are you shipping International Express by chance? From what I can gather on the USPS website it is the only option that has insurance and tracking to Japan. Priority and First class don't have tracking. I think...
smile.gif

I have a buyer who wants me to ship something first class international. Which I think is out of the question since I won't be covered.
Japan is an E-DELCON country. From what I've read, not all 15 of the E-DELCON countries reliably report the tracking info (anyone have any recent experience with Australia?) but Japan is supposed to be fine and Canada is definitely good. My understanding is that First Class and Priority are tracked the same through E-DELCON. The difference is that First Class is slower and can't be insured. More experienced sellers, please add/correct if necessary.

ScottW

Reaction score
Do people really think I was going to ship a suit and not fold it? I put a 3 piece in a 12 x 12 x 8 box which is pretty minimal folding compared to what I have stuffed them in before.
Don't you know? What you're supposed to do is put the suit on a full body mannequin so it won't lose its shape, then crate that sonofabitch and ship it via Greyhound freight.

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I swear, I'm either a horrible seller or just find dumb buyers...another message this morning "at first I questions the packing, however after hanging for a while the folds did not show"

I go through spurts where I get buyers like that. Buyer buys a pair of size 10 shoes and then sends a message, "Kind of small. I needed a size 10". Another one was "shoes are slightly narrow in the toes and you never mentioned that in the listing."

marc roberto

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me anything about shipping to Indonesia. Someone wants me to ship there and he wrote to me "1st intl' at my risk". I guess that means nothing to worry about. How about customs, he wanted me to say the value is 35 when its closer to 65-70, so I told him I cant do it because its illegal and he responded "its a gray area where a receiving country cant charge a seller from another country sending something". He agreed in any case, but I would love to hear some pro opinions about this. I would obviously deduct all the shipping and handling charges (they are included in the price by me because I do free shipping.) from the value.

Snoogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Japan. Not too worried about that one.

What has me ******** bricks is this question I just got about measurements for another pair of shooz. Buyer has 0 feedback and is in Ukraine, which along with Russia (both continents' worth) is on my excluded list. He can't hit BIN, right? Should I just ignore his question?

Japan is an E-DELCON country. From what I've read, not all 15 of the E-DELCON countries reliably report the tracking info (anyone have any recent experience with Australia?) but Japan is supposed to be fine and Canada is definitely good. My understanding is that First Class and Priority are tracked the same through E-DELCON. The difference is that First Class is slower and can't be insured. More experienced sellers, please add/correct if necessary.

I'd like clarification on this as well.

I've used Delcon to Germany before, so far no problems, tracked to delivered status, though it took nearly 3 weeks. I believe I was able to insure it with ship coverage through eBay...

Anyone else have comments with Delcon to other countries besides the ever so trusty Canadian shipments.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads