• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cause Moe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ebay also charges sales tax on exempt items. Items bought and sold in the same state, as well as items that are exempt in both seller's and buyer's state. Another reason not to buy into the eBay scam.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do refunds work for me as a seller?

Sold item for $220. Buyer states NAD and returns so Ebay holds the funds. Upon receipt of item, I refund buyer but the refund is charged to my CC on file. I assumed a refund would come from the funds he paid in the first place.

Refund was just processed yesterday. What happened to the $220 that he paid? Will that show up in my account (minus fees) since his refund processed via CC?

div25sec9

Reaction score
Guys;

my search game is weak; what is the embroidery on the sleeve of Peter Millar golf shirts mean again? It kinda looks like a scripted S; I recall it has something to do with being PGA tour related....

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn, @SpooPoker ....

polospoo.PNG

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys;

my search game is weak; what is the embroidery on the sleeve of Peter Millar golf shirts mean again? It kinda looks like a scripted S; I recall it has something to do with being PGA tour related....
Sometimes they're event specific, but 99.9% are a golf course logo. Have you tried searching the logo with Google lens? I had success finding this one.
Screenshot_20211102-231946_eBay.jpg

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

zenosparadox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey all, a quick question about how I should proceed with a sale gone slightly bad.

I sold a shirt to a buyer a week or so ago. The description explicitly states that the shirt is "labeled XL but fits a bit slim." The listing also provided a fit pic and measurements of a model wearing an XL in the same item, and a link to the sizing chart on the maker product page, which contains complete measurements for the item. The shirt was new, and I occasionally don't put my own measurements in the listing if the item is new and a sizing chart is readily available.

I received a message from the buyer today that stated that he found the shirt to be (surprise) slim for an XL:

"I know you don't take returns, but you should know the Bryceland's gaberdine shirt in size XL is very small and perhaps sized.for the Asian market. It fits about like a Paul Stuart size large (L) shirt. C'est la vie!"

This seemed like a reasonable message and I was considering whether or not to offer a refund in my response. About ten minutes later, however, he sends this:

"To keep your 100% positive eBay rating intact, you might do well to offer a refund, less the UPS shipping fee.
Chest (P to P) and shoulder measurements would be helpful given the vicissitudes of manufacturers sizing."

I now definitely don't want to offer him a refund, although he seems certain to follow through on his threat. (He's left more negatives and neutrals than I've seen from another eBayer, although I admittedly never check, except in very rare instances when something goes wrong with a sale.)

What should I do in this instance? The buyer understands that I don't offer refunds, and the listing clearly states the shirt fits slim. If he needed a strictly XL, then, it seems as if it should have been incumbent on him to either check the sizing chart that the listing links to, or else ask me directly for measurements. Indeed, I just as frequently receive complaints regarding items that buyers find too slim or, less frequently, too big, even on listings that have measurements, so I'm uncertain how much of a difference this makes with a certain class of buyer. They don't seem to care to look, but are quick to claim that the fault was with the listing if the listing didn't also include the precise descriptor ("skinny" or "loose") that pops into their mind on first trying the item on.

Not so much a matter of money here, but more one of not wanting to capitulate to someone who seems a bit of a jerk. Does this buyer's second message rise to the level of feedback extortion, and does eBay really care about that sort of thing?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads