• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
I tell every CSA every time I call to put a note down that the return policy is the most Stalin-esque, ridiculous thing I have ever heard of. I hope that enough sellers who call do the same and they amend it for the upcoming Seller Update.

However, I really just think that they will no longer have the option to not accept returns.

100% everyone has to tell the reps every time, I was just writing this

All I can suggest from having spoke to the anchor store reps is if everyone complains on every call and asks them to pass that info along then hopefully it makes a difference.

On a positive note I just won a NAD case - guy said the pants were slim fit Incotex and sent a photo. We pointed out that there was a photo of that exact tag matching his photo in the listing. Ebay rep put me on hold for 5 min talked with his coworkers and decided to refund direct from ebay for cost plus shipping which was total under $40. ""This case is now closed. You are not required to reimburse the buyer or eBay, and this case will not be counted in your seller performance evaluation." Said I "should put slim fit in the title or item specifics" to help the buyer know but in reality I did nothing wrong.

To be honest, this outcome even surprised me :rotflmao:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
100% everyone has to tell the reps every time, I was just writing this

All I can suggest from having spoke to the anchor store reps is if everyone complains on every call and asks them to pass that info along then hopefully it makes a difference.

On a positive note I just won a NAD case - guy said the pants were slim fit Incotex and sent a photo. We pointed out that there was a photo of that exact tag matching his photo in the listing. Ebay rep put me on hold for 5 min talked with his coworkers and decided to refund direct from ebay for cost plus shipping which was total under $40. ""This case is now closed. You are not required to reimburse the buyer or eBay, and this case will not be counted in your seller performance evaluation." Said I "should put slim fit in the title or item specifics" to help the buyer know but in reality I did nothing wrong.

To be honest, this outcome even surprised me :rotflmao:

What was this reps name?

Brianpore

Reaction score

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^^^ Didn't get it :brick: Can you ask for a certain rep??

Although now Im calling back that this Brooks suit as the buyer clearly says "the suit I received is, unfortunately, the suit pictured, but it doesn't match the product description. It is not a Brooks Brothers suit.".... um then who made it??:censored: BROOKS BROTHERS Regent Black Striped Wool Blend Jacket Pants SUIT Mens - 40 R

No but good to start a list or make notes of these special reps who "get it" so we know who to finesse.
And alternatively, note the names of reps who are total pricks and who to hang up on.

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Ill start -

Ricky (a woman) was fantastic in removing three feedbacks, and successfully appealing a NAD case to my favor.

She was a bit icy at the start but some fun humor broke the ice and she was super accommodating.

the2ndhandman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ Didn't get it :brick: Can you ask for a certain rep??

Although now Im calling back that this Brooks suit as the buyer clearly says "the suit I received is, unfortunately, the suit pictured, but it doesn't match the product description. It is not a Brooks Brothers suit.".... um then who made it??:censored: BROOKS BROTHERS Regent Black Striped Wool Blend Jacket Pants SUIT Mens - 40 R

It was made in China, not the Brooks Brothers Factory on Madison Avenue in New York City so obviously a fake.

Brianpore

Reaction score
It was made in China, not the Brooks Brothers Factory on Madison Avenue in New York City so obviously a fake.

:decisions: Sent a nice little note back... either it worked to explain it or hes just going to open a chargeback lol

Jun 06
The buyer closed the return

Jun 06
You sent a message
Hi, thanks for the quick reply, Im honestly a bit confused. Im glad that our inventory and shipping departments did not mess up and you received the item listed in the description. Can you please let me know why you feel this isnt a Brooks Brothers suit? We sell 100's of Brooks suits a year and this one is from the very recent BrooksCool collection that you can still go into a store and buy right now. If you take it into Brooks Brothers they will confirm it is a Brooks suit sold through their store. Thanks Brian

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:decisions: Sent a nice little note back... either it worked to explain it or hes just going to open a chargeback lol

Jun 06
The buyer closed the return

Jun 06
You sent a message
Hi, thanks for the quick reply, Im honestly a bit confused. Im glad that our inventory and shipping departments did not mess up and you received the item listed in the description. Can you please let me know why you feel this isnt a Brooks Brothers suit? We sell 100's of Brooks suits a year and this one is from the very recent BrooksCool collection that you can still go into a store and buy right now. If you take it into Brooks Brothers they will confirm it is a Brooks suit sold through their store. Thanks Brian

There a few people out there who are reasonable.

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guy made a $100 offer on an item I have listed for $149.99 (not asking for best offers). I ignore and a few days later he said what is the best you can do, so I said I would take 20% off and sell it for $120. He then came back and said $120 with free shipping?

I want to reply:

No, you asked for my best offer and I gave it to you. Then you wanted better. I have added you to my blocked bidders list, I am not interested in spending time negotiating with myself.

Thank you,

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
First class mail, can I just use any box I have at home to package the goods I am delivering? How does it work if the package is going cross country?

I usually use USPS priority mail box b/c it is convenient for me.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First class mail, can I just use any box I have at home to package the goods I am delivering? How does it work if the package is going cross country?

I usually use USPS priority mail box b/c it is convenient for me.

You can use any box except priority boxes. I’m not sure how they feel about UPS and FedEx boxes.

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can use any box except priority boxes. I’m not sure how they feel about UPS and FedEx boxes.

Be funny to try on something with a non-urgent deadline. Using a Overnight Fedex Box to ship USPS first class :lol:

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guy made a $100 offer on an item I have listed for $149.99 (not asking for best offers). I ignore and a few days later he said what is the best you can do, so I said I would take 20% off and sell it for $120. He then came back and said $120 with free shipping?

I want to reply:

No, you asked for my best offer and I gave it to you. Then you wanted better. I have added you to my blocked bidders list, I am not interested in spending time negotiating with myself.

Thank you,

Personally, I would block him, then send a message, "Sure!"

Or reply "$120 Pick up Only."

It's really pointless to try and explain yourself to these people.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads