• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

You 99% wont get feedback removed. Even if you are 100% right and the other person lied, ebay in my experience wont remove it. Feedback is their opinion on the transaction and from what I am "told" there are legal ramifications "1st amendment" if they choose what to remove and what not to remove. The only way to get it removed is if it breaks one of the rules which are posted. If they put personal info in, use curse words, try to circumvent the system, etc.

I had one person leave feedback with his email in it saying "contact me at xxxx before you buy from this scumbag". Obviously that one got removed
lol8%5B1%5D.gif

The best thing you can do is in your reply, put the tracking number of the package. That said, it is actually against the rules to have the tracking number in feedback, BUT the other person is going to have to check that you left a reply to their feedback and then complain to ebay. This is a simple easy way for other buyers to see you use tracking, shipped and if they want to check, see that it was delivered.

Thanks for the help, Brian!

I'm giving it a couple of days before I respond to it in the case that they retract it. As soon as it was posted though, I started getting messages from buyers who had just paid asking whether their item was shipped, where it was, etc. Even though their claim was completely untrue, it really messed things up for me. I had one message today requesting that I follow-up on her package with a form that the Post has in order to specifically locate it. The Post wasn't happy about it because it's still within their (reasonable) timeframe to arrive in Germany.

Oh, did I mention that I HATE THE EBAY FEEDBACK SYSTEM?

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Ok, so tell me another power seller in here besides me has developed Tennis Elbow from a packing tape dispenser. Had to start cutting the tape with scissors to avoid the discomfort.

I cant say Im with you. Though my fingers have bled from typing!

jpc9

Reaction score

One last update in the saga...

My first :eek:

Got my first negative in eight years of selling this month. As I posted previously, the asshole tried to return the coat I sold him (for $60 measly dollars) FIFTY (50) DAYS AFTER HE RECEIVED IT, citing "closet fragrances" on it, which were evidently my fault since I stored in a space bag in a dresser drawer for a year before I sold it. Naturally, I refused the refund in an apparently misguided attempt to take a stand. Days later, he posted negative feedback. I reported the buyer, and spoke to some guy in eBay customer service (no small feat getting someone on the phone) and he refused to remove the feedback. I must have paid close to $1K in seller fees last year and this is how eBay protects their income sources? Total bullshit.

I finally relented, offered the guy a refund in exchange for removing the feedback, and he refused to alter it, letting the official request lapse. A week later, he decides he does want the refund but can no longer remove it, as there is only one opportunity per transaction to remove negative feedback, which is via a 3-day seller request. What an absolute douche.

Meanwhile, I can't post negative feedback for him, though he's clearly the worst type of buyer, and sellers should be warned.

The feedback model/mechanism is beyond flawed; rather it is seriously broken. I can't see myself selling much if at all on eBay in the future, and from what I've read here in this thread, I am not the only seller taken behind the woodshed and summarily fucked by eBay. How long until a boycott?

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

90s? :lol:

Micro tread?

:plain:

I have a killer Paul Stuart suit, dual vent and ticket pocket, flat front, in this weave.

I'd call it basketweave, but that's just descriptive, not based on any true nomenclature.

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Ok, one more :embar:

I don't know why I bothered.

I was able to find this: http://www.truereligionbrandjeans.com/size_chart.htm
Compare to this: http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/st...1&langId=-1&productListString=1150401,1150442

Again, I am sorry that the shirt did not fit as expected, but not all brands fit the same.

I wrote and got a reply:
"XXX,
Thank you for your interest in True Religion Brand Jeans.
The chest size for a size 3XL shirt is 48-50 inches wide.
Please contact us if you have any further questions.
Kind Regards,
Customer Service
True Religion Online
customerservice etc.
866-427-1119 Phone
310-868-2938 Fax
Have you considered a RETURN POLICY WITH A RESTOCKING FEE?
Rather than deal with the hassles of this and especially ebay, I sold the shirt on ebay tonight for $40. With fees shipping costs, I took a loss of about $20. Over and out!

And he did in fact resell it... using my pictures. Copyright infringement. His sense of entitlement will never wane.

I have considered a return policy, but it's not worth the hassle of taking returns because of buyers that don't know their size. eBay was not the hassle in the transaction; that title rests solely with you.

You stole my pictures. That's theft and copyright infringement (FYI copyright is a big deal in the USA, although the Chinese don't seem to mind violating it). Congratulations on the sale.

The shirt was purchased from Saks, a USA based retail store. If you have to convince yourself that it was intended for some other market to feel good about the way you have conducted yourself throughout this transaction, then I am yet again left feeling sorry for you. Cheers.

Maybe I went too far :(

In light of the FAQ on the TRUE RELIGION website, I felt I had to find out more about the size discrepancy since you seemed to avoid the issue.

As to the one picture -- Sue me!

TTFN

And from his listing:

TRUE RELIGION Western Style Shirt

I have been looking for a good vendor of western shirts and decided to try to find one on eBay. Never had a True Religion product and since they are expensive, I took a chance on a good price with a maker other than my usual favorite LLBean where the quality is exceptional and a size 2XLTall fits perfectly.

So for about the same price as LLBean I bought ITEM NUMBER: 121062004566 with the expectation that a 3XL would work. Seems a lot of the imported from Ceylon and China stuff runs to the small side even though clearly marked. Take a look at the original listing for more pictures etc.

I checked the True Religion website and found this FAQ:

"I bought your product on eBay, is it authentic?
We have been getting hundreds of complaints from customers who have purchased on eBay (or other auction/web sites) in regards to counterfeit products. To be sure that you're not buying a counterfeit product, we suggest you shop on our website or from one of our authorized retailers."
My thought was to check with True Religion to see if I bought a knock-off but from the sound of that it seems they don't care?

MY BAD: Caveat Emptor ("Let the buyer beware") prevails once again. The Seller has a no return policy and the eBay Buyer Protection Plan apparently protects the Seller in this case meaning, I guess, that simply stating the size is good enough. In this instance, I am stuck with a new shirt that I like but cannot use so I am re-selling it at a loss. Gimme forty bucks and it is yours with free shipping and handling. Next time I will look to make sure the item is not a slim fit garment and to check the Seller's description for a size definition.

The shirt tag says $146 ... so this looks like a good deal for someone a bit skinnier than me.

Funny thing, the True Religion web site has this: FREE SHIPPING & RETURNS ON ALL US ORDERS

Now that's my story and please, no returns (LOL) ... if you are familiar with True Religion sizing, there should be no problem.

Sorry HansderHund, I went back on my word to move on :(

Last edited:

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Ok, one more
shog[1].gif

I don't know why I bothered.
Quote: And he did in fact resell it... using my pictures. Copyright infringement. His sense of entitlement will never wane.
Quote: Maybe I went too far
frown.gif

Sorry HansderHund, I went back on my word to move on
frown.gif

Just a heads up.. there is a thing called "follow up feedback". You can leave it as both a buyer and sell for items you both sell and buy. Most people dont know about it, BUT even if he leaves you pos, neut, neg feedback he can still go back and add another comment in. Just saying.....

http://reviews.ebay.com/Feedback-Follow-up-USE-IT-when-things-go-BAD?ugid=10000000002990029

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads