Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Ds13

Ds13 Senior member

Update: I received notice from USPS that the buyer just shipped in back in the same box with the same label. USPS dropped off a slip for me "Amount Due: $16.29".

IF the suit is still in the original condition I sent it, would it be reasonable for me to subtract that $16.29 (buyers return shipping costs that he made my responsibility) + 15% restocking fee charge and not refund the original shipping? All of these conditions are stated in my policies, "enforced" by eBay. and if he were to leave a negative feedback because of these charges to his refund, could I get it removed?

(buyer pays return shipping if reason isn't because of seller's mistake)

This guy is really bothering me...

2. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

Thats a tough situation to be in. I've found myself there more times than I'd like. I would first suggest you get on the phone with eBay, and let them know everything that has happened. You need let them know that the return is outside of your window, although they will force you to return it either way. So, since the buyer said it doesn't fit, let the rep know, this return is based on the buyers wrong size, or buyers remorse (let them know, "not my fault, everything was described accurately". From there, let the eBay rep know (assuming return condition is fine), I will return the item, but will be subtracting the shipping costs, and enforcing my restocking fee of 15% (hopefully its a lot, since this buyer has put you through this, and has tied up your funds for over a month). Ask them to guide you through the best way to go about this (and notate everything). Whether thats through the hassle free returns, and then manually refunding the buyer via Paypal (minus shipping & restock). Or whether thats opening a case for a return, having the buyer agree to cancel the transaction (to get your fees back, and not get dinged with a defect), and then manually refunding through Paypal, of course minus the shipping & restock fee.

Either way, your best bet to go about this will be on the phone with eBay. They need to know what is going on, and it may take a few calls, to follow up, and ensure all went well. Especially because this was NWT, and did not fit. No fault should be put on you. Buyer does not know his size. Also, ask them how to avoid the neg feedback that may follow. You certainly don't want to get a random neg out of this.

Hope this helps, let us know what happens or if you need anymore help after you've spoken with eBay.

3. Ds13

Ds13 Senior member

I will be on the phone tomorrow. Thank you very much (for this and my email earlier [​IMG]).

I've been running around with my head cut off today stressed from school, and this is just adding to it. So that was a pleasant surprise!

I'll keep you guys updated, any suggestions on who I talk with first at eBay? Or just a general support person.

4. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

[​IMG]
    --
    Its no fun having to go through the motions and phone calls, thats for sure. Unfortunately, its the only option we have, to ensure we get the proper outcome and recourse for certain buyers.
    I've been know to lose sleep over a few cases, even when knowing I had no fault at all, you always have doubt. eBay has made sure, that we always have a cloud of doubt above us, because they are "consistently inconsistent" -quote by @capnwes [​IMG]

5. Koala-T

Koala-T Senior member

6. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

Whats the proper way to describe the D logo embedded into the tie?
    Might be hard to see in pictures, and is really only present when a gleam of light shines on it.

[​IMG]

7. Van Veen

Van Veen Senior member

God I can't wait to escalate this case. The guy keeps insisting the item is NEW. In all capitals. NEW. NEW NEW NEW. I'm not even going to respond to this one. Hopefully I can escalate tomorrow.

8. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Dior Homme Solid Smoke Grey Diorissimo Jacquard Tonal Logo Silk Skinny Tie (57 x 2.5"?)

9. Lirum

Lirum Senior member

10. Melbush

Melbush Senior member

I just sent a full refund and we agreed he would rebuy it with the correct address. Do I still have to cancel the transaction since I sent him a refund? (don't wanna pay ebay fees 2X)

11. drlivingston

drlivingston Senior member

You just can't teach this type of knowledge...

12. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Tread softly now.....

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 2, 2014

13. Kazoo

Kazoo Senior member

Two nonpayers in two weeks. WTF. Do you all leave negative feedback after the case is closed? Buyer can't leave feedback at that point. Really aggrevating.

14. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

You can't leave neg feedback for a buyer.

2 ain't bad, I get 3 or 4 a week.

Strike, block, re-list, sell for more..... move on.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2014