• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Britain's Best Dressed Real Man 2010 - Selling his prize off piece by piece...

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it's important that no more than 5 posts go by without someone pointing out that this guy fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down.

Just resetting the counter, folks.

Politely

Reaction score
Some woman comes on here and defends her boyfriend with literacy, reasonableness and (probable) honesty, and you all swoon. It's disgusting, is what it is. This is exactly why women should be banned from men's clubs.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lurker[1].gif

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wow

Icarus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by goodbyehorses
Wow that was quick! I really do appreciate that his style definitely won't be to the taste of a lot of men, it's a shame that he wore that outfit on the night of the awards in a way as most days he wears a made-to-measure suit, shirt and some expensive shoes even just to go to the supermarket or bowling (really!) but he just happened to wear his most controversial look of the year on the night that he would be photographed the most. He would actually kill me for writing this as despite his little dance around on stage on the night he won, he'a actually really humble and would be mortified if he knew I was discussing him at all, but I suppose I felt the need to defend him as some comments (more on the other thread than this one to be honest) stray a little away from the subject matter and are verging on plain offensive. Also, didn't want my eBay udername having people thinking I was some kind of hardened criminal
wink.gif
I hope his suit minus shirt fiasco (he was actually wearing a vest underneath haha) hasn't put a complete dampener on his career as he's a really talanted womenswear designer, so we're hoping the stuff on eBay will sell and help get him started but the labels he got aren't the easiest things to sell as I'm not so sure a typical Brioni or Cucinelli customer will be the type to shop on eBay but we'll see... Thanks for the kind words anyway
smile.gif

You sound like a great girlfriend, and you were effective because my thoughts went from thinking he's a wanker to thinking he's probably a nice guy. Although, if it's womenswear he wants to design, I would be weary of any guy friends he's made out with when he was intoxicated, but later claimed they were "just friends". (joke
laugh.gif
) I think his lack of shirt only gave him more credibility as a designer (womenswear or otherwise). A plain ol' suit would have taken away any and all mystique.

fss

Reaction score
It is simply ridiculous that Esquire would give clothes away without any regard to the size of the prize winner. In fact, I have a pretty hard time believing it.

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fss
It is simply ridiculous that Esquire would give clothes away without any regard to the size of the prize winner. In fact, I have a pretty hard time believing it.

Am I going mad? Where does it say that all of these clothes were in a predetermined size? As far as I see it the guy chose the sizes and now selling them off to fund his project?

fss

Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephenStyle
Am I going mad? Where does it say that all of these clothes were in a predetermined size? As far as I see it the guy chose the sizes and now selling them off to fund his project?

I cannot come up with another explanantion when the clothes are far too big, as goodbyehorses puts it. Not his style, I can understand, but anybody should be able to get those clothes fitted properly to an acceptable extend.

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fss
I cannot come up with another explanantion when the clothes are far too big, as goodbyehorses puts it. Not his style, I can understand, but anybody should be able to get those clothes fitted properly to an acceptable extend.

The Brioni suit on eBay is size 36, clearly he is skinny enough to need something like a size 34 (like I do). Do Brioni even make size 34? He probably got to choose which size but if the pre-chosen item isn't even made in a size small enough what else can he do...

RJE

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JohnGalt
ffffuuuu.gif
@ taxes on 30k GBP of stuff that doesn't fit

Originally Posted by whiteslashasian
That's what I was thinking...filing taxes for 2010 will not be enjoyable.

Originally Posted by imatlas
Excellent point. At least with the KC Goodwill run you get a tax deduction. Selling the crap on EBay creates the potential for another round of taxes!

We do things a little differently. There won't be taxes on the prizes, and it's highly unlikely there will be any on gains from the resold prizes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads