• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Borrelli shirts - really that good? Who really makes best shirts in world?

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

in stitches, that's really nice of the NY store. I wonder if you worked with Justin? He's the younger generation of the fam. The NY store had a student discount years ago and he was kind enough to extend the offer to LA orders. Damn, why didn't I think to go to the NY store? :facepalm:

edit: I've heard good things about a few of the HK locations. I've visited but never ordered. Well, off to see them and MyTailor tomorrow to figure out the first shirts...

Justin, I think, is back in HK now. The student discount was a great offer and they will not be offering it anytime soon.

orsetto

Reaction score

Justin, I think, is back in HK now. The student discount was a great offer and they will not be offering it anytime soon.

Yup, no more. Looks like they're struggling to keep up with orders now.

I remember reading some of your AC posts when I was looking for a shirtmaker. Can you recommend any of the HK locations/specific fitters?

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think AC makes a great shirt for the price.

by that do you mean you consider their shirts to be not very expensive but of very good quality, or that you consider them to be expensive shirts of excellent quality?

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

RTW? Tom Ford and Kiton.

+ 1, add in Finamore and Charvet and you have all dress shirt brands that make one foam at the mouth. Not sure TF is on a par though in terms of construction, but they are nice shirts.

Last edited:

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

+ 1, add in Finamore and Charvet and you have all dress shirt brands that make one foam at the mouth. Not sure TF is on a par though in terms of construction, but they are nice shirts.

No love for Truzzi?

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Beaten to death topic. Pre 2009, Borrelli shirts up there with the best. Shirts available today appear entirely machine made. Still good fabric, MOP buttons etc, better than most but no longer a shirt to drool over :drool:.

I really don't know where you guys buy your Borrelli shirts, as the ones stocked by a local menswear store are precisely the same as the pre-2009 shirts, except the buttons are thinner. The buttons are still MoP, but they are now the same thickness as standard buttons, not the "tablet thick" buttons that Borrelli of old used to have.

The newer ones, at least the ones I have bought, still have the same visible handwork around the sleeveheads and around the collar and the buttonholes are still, supposedly, hand-stitched. My tailor reckons that the buttonholes are probably stitched by a machine which imitates hand-stitching, but then he's been saying that for years now, so it's not a post-2009 observation.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
I gotta try Anna Matuozzo.
Ive always been happy with borrelli, but I gotta say, i picked up a Kiton recently and its f*cking great. Incredible cotton, and the best collar Ive worn. :slayer: Next up for me is gonna be attolini or finnamore.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

by that do you mean you consider their shirts to be not very expensive but of very good quality, or that you consider them to be expensive shirts of excellent quality?

Compared to what one can pay OTR for Kiton and the like AC is cheaper compared to that and the fit is much better.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I gotta try Anna Matuozzo.
Ive always been happy with borrelli, but I gotta say, i picked up a Kiton recently and its f*cking great. Incredible cotton, and the best collar Ive worn. :slayer: Next up for me is gonna be attolini or finnamore.

and where pray tell did you pick up this amazing shirt you speak of???

Compared to what one can pay OTR for Kiton and the like AC is cheaper compared to that and the fit is much better.

how would you compare the quality?

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

and where pray tell did you pick up this amazing shirt you speak of???

how would you compare the quality?

I like ascot chang shirts quite a bit. But they cant compare in quality to kiton. not even close. Fit may be as good, MAYBE. From all the shirts ive handled, Kiton really surprised me...the cotton feels like BUTTAH ;)

I picked up my kiton from a generous soul that doesnt mind answering a sheeeeeeeiiiiiiiit ton of questions and putting up with DS. ;)

but seriously, if you ever have a chance, try kitons shirting. tons of handwork, best collars, and incredible cottons. If Kiton were a woman, id make sweet love to her on a rainbow while rainbows and kittens sucked eachother off.

Last edited:

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

but seriously, if you ever have a chance, try kitons shirting. tons of handwork, best collars, and incredible cottons. If Kiton were a woman, id make sweet love to her on a rainbow while rainbows and kittens sucked eachother off.

baaaahahahahahahaha

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

No love for Truzzi?

didnt truzzi make some shirts for mastai ferretti? I have one that seems to be pretty good. still not to par with kiton though

kevpotts

Reaction score
Why would someone buy an expensive RTW shirt when in many cases you could have a bespoke made at the same price? I'm asking honestly, I have never understood the practice of buying extremely high end RTW shirts.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

Why would someone buy an expensive RTW shirt when in many cases you could have a bespoke made at the same price? I'm asking honestly, I have never understood the practice of buying extremely high end RTW shirts.
bespoke with the quality of a high end shirt would still cost more than the RTW shirt. true, fit would be better, but construction/fabric/handwork would be less. I could be way off on this though. Just curious how much a bespoke shirt would cost with similar fabric and handwork that is on a borrelli or kiton?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads