Boots for all occasions

Discussion in 'Menswear Advice' started by austinlg, Feb 10, 2017.

1. austinlg

austinlg Member

I work in an office in Seattle. As such I do a lot of walking around in rainy / snowy weather for a good portion of the year. I've been getting by so far with Beater shoes at the moment to handle days with worse weather, but I was looking to invest in something that I could really use for all around wear. I started looking for boots that would

1. Look good with slacks & dress shirt
    2. Look good with casual wear
    3. Can be worn in the rain / snow / dirt

I'm not looking to do any extreme hiking with these shoes, but I'd like to be able to take them through a snow street or muddy field without worrying too much.

I saw these from Oak street that I though might work
    https://oakstreetbootmakers.com/footwear/brown-waxed-flesh-dainite-trench-boot

I'm not sure if anyone else has any advice.

Thanks/

2. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl The Moral Squirrel Dubiously Honored Moderator

3. austinlg

austinlg Member

I'm not sure these would deal with rain very well. They're made of calfskin leather which I've been told is decidedly not well suited for rain.

4. SSingh1975

SSingh1975 Well-Known Member

My gotos last couple of winter months have been my chelsea boots (Wolverine 1k with rubber soles and Thursday Boots with vibram).

Both to work and weekends (semi-casual attire weekdays and dark blue jeans plus leather jacket in weekends).

I just prefer chelsea boots as I'm a field engineer by profession so I spent a lot time in airports flying in between cities so the chelseas are easier to remove/put on during TSA checks and go with 90% of my attire for work/weekend.
    [​IMG]