• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Said-AH

Reaction score
Hi everyone, this is my proper BOOTS, I made them for my self ;)
igi1u8g.jpg

f7Y8iQL.jpg

tfizO0b.gif

And here is a 3D view (i took this video after 10 days of wearing).

For more images and the process of making this boots you can visit my post here in styleforum click here ;)
Thank you :)

Last edited:

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, this is my proper BOOTS, I made them for my self ;)
igi1u8g.jpg

f7Y8iQL.jpg

tfizO0b.gif

And here is a 3D view (i took this video after 10 days of wearing).

For more images and the process of making this boots you can visit my post here in styleforum click here ;)
Thank you :)
I saw those on Reddit, and what you did was freaking amazing considering the challenges you faced. Wishing you success and prosperity in the future!

Said-AH

Reaction score
I saw those on Reddit, and what you did was freaking amazing considering the challenges you faced. Wishing you success and prosperity in the future!
If i succeeded to setup a small workshop in the coming weeks, I will start a small business in this summer and you will never lack new posts;
Thank you so much ;)

Last edited:

Coldfire3k3

Reaction score
I'm looking to get a pair of versatile boots and wanted some advice on selecting a suitable style, colour, leather and out-sole material.

My requirements (in the order of importance) are:

1) comfortable to walk in
2) can handle the elements and some light off-road walking
3) low maintenance
4) can also be worn in more formal occasions (and if possible with a suit)
5) breathes well and is suitable for use in the warmer months

Any recommendations?

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to get a pair of versatile boots and wanted some advice on selecting a suitable style, colour, leather and out-sole material.

3) low maintenance

Any recommendations?

A field boot that works well with a formal business suit? Let me know if you find one. :)

Seriously, just get a reasonably sharp derby boot - think Galway / Valway / Thorpe.

I don't know about warm weather suitability - I wear a couple of my tall boots through the summer months but reserve them for cooler / rainy days.

Mathfish

Reaction score

3) low maintenance

Any recommendations?
Possibly Allen Edmonds Sullivan Street

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

3) low maintenance

Any recommendations?
Hmm... The closest thing I can think of are my Alden Tan Calf Wingtip boots with a commando sole (available at Brick+Mortar and Alden of Madison). "Low Maintenance" is a relative term (and frankly, a little silly span of your requirements). A pair of Alden shell boots with the same sole would work too (and meet the "low maintenance" piece better - 90% of care is wiping with a damp cloth and brushing). Weatherproofing would be some nano spray for the leather and Alden Leather Defender for the shell. "Breathes well"? I dunno man - I'd get a pair of sneaker-ish hiking boots for that purpose. LL Bean sells some decent and affordable ones that would meet your elements piece better too.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skeem1