• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Boot guys don't mourn the departure of summer, but celebrate the arrival of boot season!  I expect this thread to be rockin' hard.  Just took out these Bonafes to start working them into the mix.

Looking good Roger!!:

It is that time of the year again. :slayer:

Last edited:

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Boot guys don't mourn the departure of summer, but celebrate the arrival of boot season! I expect this thread to be rockin' hard. Just took out these Bonafes to start working them into the mix.

Very well said. I love the fall, due in large part to the fact that cool weather means more boot opportunities! These past few mornings have been perfect CXL weather. I took this picture friday afternoon.

Alden x LS, trubalance last, brown CXL & flexwelt/waterlock sole. TB, CXL and flexwelt combine nicely for a comfortable, lightweight casual boot.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For me my favorite pair of CXL boots are Viberg Service Boots.

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Superb. Have those darkened a bit with age, did you deliberately darken them, or am I just imagining it? Regardless, those are one of my favorite Bonafe models.

Good eye - not your imagination. I haven't deliberately darkened them - in fact my use of coloured product has been very sparing - but they have darkened a bit with age and wear.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good eye - not your imagination. I haven't deliberately darkened them - in fact my use of coloured product has been very sparing - but they have darkened a bit with age and wear.

Well then I have to say that these are probably the best example that I can think of of a boot/shoe looking better as it ages. I loved them when they were new but these are even better now. Kids and a new home have me a lot more conscientious about my purchases these days but those are way up there on my list for one day.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think so, and for this kind of boot they are definitely my favorite shoemaker.

Couldn't agree more. They just have the right combination of unique leathers, handcrafted workmanship and PNW work boot aesthetic.

For my only Vibergs (to date), I elected to go with roughout.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Couldn't agree more. They just have the right combination of unique leathers, handcrafted workmanship and PNW work boot aesthetic.

For my only Vibergs (to date), I elected to go with rough out

Very nice!!

I've often thought of getting another I just haven't figured out what that next one would be.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice!!

I've often thought of getting another I just haven't figured out what that next one would be.

I know that feeling well. I narrow it down to a different model every month.

After last winter's record breaking 100+ inches of snow in Boston, I'd like something with a beefier sole than dainite. I'd hoped to resole my Mocha roughouts with a Ridgeway but Viberg doesn't offer it. They suggested commando.

So naturally my mind goes to rather than switching out a perfectly good dainite sole with plenty of life left, I might as well buy a new pair on commando. Then I reconsider and start thinking about the Galway 64F in Rosewood CC on Ridgeway...then back to a Viberg model and so on and so forth.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I know that feeling well. I narrow it down to a different model every month.

After last winter's record breaking 100+ inches of snow in Boston, I'd like something with a beefier sole than dainite. I'd hoped to resole my Mocha roughouts with a Ridgeway but Viberg doesn't offer it. They suggested commando.

So naturally my mind goes to rather than switching out a perfectly good dainite sole with plenty of life left, I might as well buy a new pair on commando. Then I reconsider and start thinking about the Galway 64F in Rosewood CC on Ridgeway...then back to a Viberg model and so on and so forth.

For me it's been more about what is and I don't have it already. The last boot I purchased was a G&G Thorpe and although it was in grain and I have a few of those already I didn't have a split toe boot as of yet. So it kind of ticked a box for me. With regards to non-boots most of these have been more unique make ups of late and some with more exotic leathers like kudu. So for now anything that's worth getting has to have something special going for it and the more unique the better.

dahl5yankees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ You should check their website "Vintage Shoe Addict"^^

You may want to message him directly. As you may or may not
know, these are pretty rare (Lotus Veldtschoen Boots).

To weigh in on the other discussion, I had Edward Green's for Holland & Holland
last year on the Medway or Ridgeway sole and was pretty happy in
Minnesota winter. Now I have CJ Coniston with Danite, looking forward to
seeing how they fare in this climate.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads