• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Alden X JCrew color 8
IMG_4888.jpeg

Phoenician

Reaction score
A Zoom wedding???? Wonder how a Zoom reception goes? Certainly saves on that open bar tab and cake and such
Lol! I was thinking the same. These are two of my wife’s friends she attended law school with and they live in DC. We’re out west and after putting off the wedding though COVID all year, they decided to have just immediate family for the in-person outdoor wedding and the rest of us from all over the world via Zoom.

We joked that most of the friends are high powered lawyers, so if they had a big in-person wedding now and people got sick, the lawsuits would be flying amongst each other. But they plan on having a blow-out in-person reception in DC next June, assuming life will be back to normal, so they’re not off the hook with huge bar tabs and party expenses just yet; I’ll be sure to drink and eat my fill then

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Lol! I was thinking the same. These are two of my wife’s friends she attended law school with and they live in DC. We’re out west and after putting off the wedding though COVID all year, they decided to have just immediate family for the in-person outdoor wedding and the rest of us from all over the world via Zoom.

We joked that most of the friends are high powered lawyers, so if they had a big in-person wedding now and people got sick, the lawsuits would be flying amongst each other. But they plan on having a blow-out in-person reception in DC next June, assuming life will be back to normal, so they’re not off the hook with huge bar tabs and party expenses just yet; I’ll be sure to drink and eat my fill then
COVID has royally messed up everything we used to take as normal. I hope that by next spring we can be back to some semblance of "normal"..Drink a few for me when you get to the reception :)

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
YANG LI TRIPLE WELT GOODYEAR BOOTS. I have been watching these for a year now. Seller asking $599, he won't budge on the price. I'm not familiar with the brand but these look pretty nice. Any thoughts? View attachment 1475175 View attachment 1475176
My first thought is if they've been listed for a year and haven't sold, nobody else is willing to pay $599 for them either, and that should tell you something right there.

That said, I agree that they look pretty nice, but I've bought shoes before that looked great online but not so great in person... Not knowing the brand, I'd pass.

Phoenician

Reaction score
YANG LI TRIPLE WELT GOODYEAR BOOTS. I have been watching these for a year now. Seller asking $599, he won't budge on the price. I'm not familiar with the brand but these look pretty nice. Any thoughts? View attachment 1475175 View attachment 1475176

With Yang Li being a fashion designer, I wouldn't purchase them. While Ralph Lauren collaborated with Crockett & Jones and Edward Green to make superb shoes and boots (which many of us here own), they also partnered with some low-tier makers of cemented footwear that are garbage, so you have to know what you're paying for. I suspect being a designer, Yang Li has done the same with his line; the question is who in fact made these for him. Could be someone reputable, or it could also be made in a sweat shop with a huge fashion designer markup on them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads