• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mxgreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I’m new to the forum. I have Allen Edmonds Liverpool Chelsea boots. I have a question — does anyone have a recommendation for taller Chelsea boots or to modify and perhaps sew in a zipper instead of the elastic? My pants frequently get stuck on the rear pull tab and, as the elastic stretches over time, it opens up the opening hole and gaps out therefore making my pant cuffs catch on them. Thank you!
Welcome. Unfortunately, I'm unable to comment because I don't wear Chelseas.

hollandn

Reaction score
Hi all, I’m new to the forum. I have Allen Edmonds Liverpool Chelsea boots. I have a question — does anyone have a recommendation for taller Chelsea boots or to modify and perhaps sew in a zipper instead of the elastic? My pants frequently get stuck on the rear pull tab and, as the elastic stretches over time, it opens up the opening hole and gaps out therefore making my pant cuffs catch on them. Thank you!
In my experience side zip boots tend to be slightly taller with a similar look with no pull tabs. Like these from carmina.
https://www.carminashoemaker.com/zip-boots-box-calf-black-80688

basu13

Reaction score
Trickers Stows in chestnut calf.

IMG_20240219_091043.jpg

Satoman1

Reaction score
Vintage Gotthard boots made in Germany.
PXL_20240219_154539821.jpg

Last edited:

Harwid

Reaction score

I have Liverpools and only have your issue rarely. I wear slim straight casual pants. Are you wearing skinny short casual pants?

Jeff

Mackinley

Reaction score
I have Liverpools and only have your issue rarely. I wear slim straight casual pants. Are you wearing skinny short casual pants?

Jeff
Jeff,

Yes exactly. I usually only wear jeans with these boots, and they are slim and short, no break so when they rise and fall as I walk they get stuck on the top of the boot or pull tabs. Do you wear trousers with yours or just larger jeans?

Harwid

Reaction score
Jeff,

Yes exactly. I usually only wear jeans with these boots, and they are slim and short, no break so when they rise and fall as I walk they get stuck on the top of the boot or pull tabs. Do you wear trousers with yours or just larger jeans?

I wear jeans and 5 pocket pants which most people would consider skinny. Technically they are “slim” but not larger jeans in any way.

Jeff

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now comes the fun part of the weekend, cleaning up the past week’s wear. I really enjoy maintenance of my boots.
IMG_4323.jpeg

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Fairly typical alas. Slim pants and hope for the best..😂

mcgree

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with both Cheaney and Carlos Santos lasts? I have a pair of Cheaney Threadneedle Chelsea boots with their 11028 last in size 9.5 UK and they fit snug - they work well but I definitely couldn't go any smaller. Now I'm looking to buy some Carlos Santos Chelseas with their 401 last and am wondering if I should go for the same 9.5 UK or not since I know that last can affect sizing.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elexzar