• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Black Lace-Up boots...

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yup

heynow

Reaction score
boots.jpg

BrooklynHighpost

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
I tried on the Fiorentini + Baker Eternity 745 and they surprisingly look good.
PG_077605007_TH.jpg

http://www.barneys.com/Eternity/0776...efault,pd.html

It should be decently priced when on sale. I am kicking myself for passing on it during Barneys 40% off sale.

I picked that up during Barneys sale. Pretty good deal for the quality and is versatile enough for a lot of occasions. They also had the Buttero laced up boots for the same price, but limited sizes.

Deluks917

Reaction score
I would suggest the Frye. They probably aren't the same as Ann D or whatever but they get the jodone and look more then cool enough. Also they don't have that super long toe-box you find on stuff like JV that makes me look like an elf.

Marcus Brody

Reaction score
Originally Posted by agavilanes
I bought these in black a month ago (when they were @ USD 69)

http://www.amazon.com/Rockport-Mens-...2925263&sr=8-3

Good looking and good value for the money IMO

I also have a pair of Rockport boots that I got super cheap (maybe $30 or so?) and I love them. They are some of my most comfortable shoes and I wore them more than any other over the winter. The material that makes up the sole is fairly light (which contributes to the comfort), so they'll likely wear out more quickly than some boots, but the leather has held up beautifully and they look great.

Definitely an under-rated option if you can find them either on sale or at Marshall's/Ross (where mine came from I believe/etc.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I still vote for the W+H / Dayton's Service Boot.

Its amazing. Hopefully, mine should arrive in two weeks or so. Cmon Mauro!

RM Williams are a good price for you Americans ATM. The MTO program has interesting lasts and can do a natural coloured leather sole with white welt stitching, which can let you combine things to make a casual boot.

For instance, Brown Nubuck, natural leather sole and white welt stitch, chiseled toe last.

I'd be getting them while you can - with the quantitative easing approach taken by the Federal Reserve and the resumption of the commodities bull, the aussie dollar is roaring up. Another round of easing, atleast, is expected in June through August, most likely pushing the Aussie even higher.

genericman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Razele

RM Williams are a good price for you Americans ATM. The MTO program has interesting lasts and can do a natural coloured leather sole with white welt stitching, which can let you combine things to make a casual boot.

For instance, Brown Nubuck, natural leather sole and white welt stitch, chiseled toe last.

got any pictures of this boot?

brimley

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads