1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Black Lace-Up boots...

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by why, Dec 6, 2007.

1. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

I really like the Frye brando lace boots. Anybody know how they run in sizing?
    Frye said they run a half size larger.
    Anybody have any first-hand experience?
    Thanks

2. Johnny_5

Johnny_5 Senior member

I wear 8.5 in most shoes (allen edmonds, red wing, clarks, etc) and wear an 8 in Frye brandos.

3. Nil

Nil Senior member

I wanna go with boots I can tuck in since my jeans are pretty slim.
    I also wouldn't mind having boots that I can wear with dressier clothe.

I feel like those are two conflicting desires. For the first, a chunkier boot would work but then obviously it would not be capable of also being used as a dress boot. And if you went with a dressier boot, it'd be far too sleek to be able to be successfully tucked in.

At least that's how I view it. If anyone has examples of one of those being pulled off, feel free to prove me wrong.

4. alx win

alx win Well-Known Member

No that totally makes sense. I guess I'd rather have a boot that is more casual. Something just looks a little off to me about the Paul Smith Ricard. Maybe its becuase the back of the boot is soo straight, unlike horns and wings, Cdiems, and other boots.

http://www.gravitypope.com/shoes/pau...27_0_1_700.jpg

5. alx win

I feel like those are two conflicting desires. For the first, a chunkier boot would work but then obviously it would not be capable of also being used as a dress boot. And if you went with a dressier boot, it'd be far too sleek to be able to be successfully tucked in.

At least that's how I view it. If anyone has examples of one of those being pulled off, feel free to prove me wrong.

I thought the wings and horns were nott "chunky" boots, but they seem to look good tucked in IMO. Would the PS or the Buttero look more similar to this?????

[​IMG]

6. CharlieAngel

CharlieAngel Senior member

Can anyone recommend the best place to get black Red Wing GTs? I bought my Black Cherry GTs from Revolve but they don't carry them any more, and Cultizm is out of my size.

If you have a Red Wing store in the area, that always gets my recommendation (can try them on and walk out with them)... [​IMG]

Zappos has them, but they're called "Beckman" now. Odd.

7. erbs

erbs Senior member

Thanks much. [​IMG]

8. BrooklynHighpost

BrooklynHighpost Senior member

No that totally makes sense. I guess I'd rather have a boot that is more casual.
    Ever thought about the Fiorentini+Baker? Its not too high like Buttero or Frye. Kinda has that Ricards style. Last time I checked, it was the same price as the Buttero. http://streetpeeper.com/image_thumb/...-09-sidney.JPG

9. alx win

They are nice, but something is iffy about em. they seem tooo floppy lol. Wish I had enough money for Wings and Horns. You can purchase them from a Canadian website for 590 Shipped !!!!!

10. Lachy

Lachy Senior member

I thought the wings and horns were nott "chunky" boots, but they seem to look good tucked in IMO. Would the PS or the Buttero look more similar to this?????

[​IMG]

Talking about PS Ricards? No, they are quite a slim boot, they won't tuck well.

11. Swish36

Swish36 New Member

Personally, I really like these Tim Hamilton boots:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Wow these look good. Especially with the Slim jeans.

12. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Talking about PS Ricards? No, they are quite a slim boot, they won't tuck well.
    With skinny jeans or a well tapered pair of jeans, I believe the jeans would be "tuck-able" in PS Ricards as well.

13. Lachy

Lachy Senior member

Have to be pretty damn skinny, IMO. The W+H, while not overly chunky, are definetly more so than the Ricards. But, I guess it also comes down to the individual. I might tuck with W+H, I wouldn't with Ricards, I rock a slim rather than skinny though.

14. Razele

Razele Senior member

I want something like that for FW next year. That and a Julius leather [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

Love the Tim Hamilton's so much but way out of my price range. Would rock that shit John Connor style.

16. Teger

Teger Senior member

nice but kind of high

17. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Have to be pretty damn skinny, IMO. The W+H, while not overly chunky, are definetly more so than the Ricards. But, I guess it also comes down to the individual. I might tuck with W+H, I wouldn't with Ricards, I rock a slim rather than skinny though.

Not necessarily. In this pic, it seems like it might work by just loosening up the laces a bit.
    I mean I know this picture isn't exactly the same as the pic the W&H pic but it isn't too farfetch.
    [​IMG]

18. alx win

The ricards seem a lot more skinny I'm not sure they look good tucked in. Ricards are also way to dress IMO to be tucked in. I think that boots that look good tucked in have a wider opening like the buttero work boots. HEREs a pic of PS ricard tucked. What do yall think? Too dressy??? It looks awkward to me [​IMG]

19. bumgardner

bumgardner Member

They look fine tucked in to me. That would not be my first choice for a boot to tuck jeans into though.

20. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

The ricards seem a lot more skinny I'm not sure they look good tucked in. Ricards are also way to dress IMO to be tucked in. I think that boots that look good tucked in have a wider opening like the buttero work boots.

HEREs a pic of PS ricard tucked. What do yall think? Too dressy??? It looks awkward to me
    [​IMG]

That does look too dressy, looks like a military boots that officers would wear with their camo's tucked in.