• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Black Lace-Up boots...

feynmix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JoelF
eek.gif

haha, I am assuming you are not a fan? Got other recs?

Originally Posted by Magician
^^ CCP is storied Austrian designer Carol Christian Poell. A lot of Augusta designs seem very "inspired" by Poell. Atelier's site has great photos of footwear by both.

You should play around on stylezeitgeist. They have that aesthetic on lock, something I've been really getting in to myself...

F+B is doing some halfway decent CCP and Augusta knockoffs, check out whats up on Gimmeshoes.

Ah, Christian Poell. Good call. I will check out stylezeitgeist. I took have been getting into the look, all I need is the right pair of jeans and shoes.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by chronoaug
ccp carol christian poell. It's crazy expensive too though.

I mean, they're not grossly chunky, but not slim and sleek like NDCs or paul smiths. I haven't seen a lot of distressed F+Bs now that i think about it. I'll let you know if i stumble across something.

These are the costume national homme shoes i have. I'm not sure if they put out similar things every year or not. If you wanted to look over yoox or another site or something
p10100531jw0.jpg

I will check out yoox. Definitely give me a heads up if you come across something. Thanks.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by feynmix
Ah, Christian Poell. Good call. I will check out stylezeitgeist. I took have been getting into the look, all I need is the right pair of jeans and shoes.
laugh.gif

Yep, just take a look at socal his transformation is almost complete thanks to SZ.

Here's a pic of my cd's to add to this thread

boots1sq4.jpg

feynmix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Yep, just take a look at socal his transformation is almost complete thanks to SZ.

Here's a pic of my cd's to add to this thread

God damn Jet, those Carpe's are f'in sweet. What season are they from?

I have been reading SZ, and I am already regretting the fact that this look is gonna **** my wallet. Its one of those things where you want all the amazing looking shoes, except that each one cost almost a house mortgage payment.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Thanks playor, I got them around this time two years ago from Atelier, classic flat boot from carpe in washed calf which gives it that dusty talc covered look. This style came in cordovan and linen over leather as well which I like. They had it in reverse leather too which is far more common but wasn't as much of a fan.

Marcus Brody

Reaction score
I too really like those, jet. I've long been in the market for an ideal pair of black lace-up boots. It's the last, major, remaining hole in my shoe lineup.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^You really do need a black pair of boots, I have two and a brown suede pair but it's not enough.

Marcus Brody

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
^You really do need a black pair of boots, I have two and a brown suede pair but it's not enough.
I really need at least two pair. I need one pair that I can wear casually in the winter (I almost bought a pair of Gentleman Traveler's last weekend at Bloomingdales, but they didn't have my size in black), and a pair more like the ones you posted with leather soles that I'd wear with jeans when there isn't snow, slush, and water on the ground. I'm more attracted to the latter most of the time, but I'm holding off buying them until I get a pair of the former as I feel as if they are more of a "need" (as much as any fashion item is...).

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I hear ya that's exactly what I have, they're apc crepe soled boots that are lined with sheepskin. Not as warm as you'd think but just had them re-creped a couple months ago and I get so much use out of them. People seem to love them too for some reason I always get compliments when I wear them. Good for rain and all that ****, no snow here except when we go to the mountains.

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not having any luck finding the boots i want. I've looked at the typical Frye Brando (which i like) and Redwing GT's (meh). I like the CON skeleton key boot and the rachel comey hazard boot, but just not enough to pull the trigger on them. I've heard NDC makes good stuff but i can't find a whole lot of it online.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^Oddly enough, john varvatos has some really nice fuckin boots **** even I would wear. Fred segal in sm has them I think for 50 off in both black and brown. Trust me, look better than ndcs I couldn't believe they were jv when I saw them. Also had some brownish zip ones that were fantastic.

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Jet, your CD's are sick!

I occasionally check the SZ board to see if any 42's (in CD's) come up for sale and so far no luck. I almost pulled the trigger on some Diet Butcher boots on rakuten but, I waited too long and I they are gone now.
frown.gif
So I guess now I'm back to searching for some black lace ups.

Anybody heard of Glamb boots? I like the shape, sort of CD ish.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eckblk
^Jet, your CD's are sick! I occasionally check the SZ board to see if any 42's (in CD's) come up for sale and so far no luck. I almost pulled the trigger on some Diet Butcher boots on rakuten but, I waited too long and I they are gone now.
frown.gif
So I guess now I'm back to searching for some black lace ups. Anybody heard of Glamb boots? I like the shape, sort of CD ish.

If you're talking about these, Blackbird has them (in a size 3? not sure what that corresponds to... they're also a bit priccey at $1275), amazing boots, but too rich for me.

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ That's what I've read about the CD boots, with the the toe box they run big. I haven't seen a 41 or 42 available in long time (new or used). At this point I just hoping to find some similar.

Racove

Reaction score
those glamb boots look hot. i love lace up boots with side zippers. any chance they come in brown?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads