• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best Sports Insults

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was reading a magazine, and it had a top 10 list of best sports insults ever uttered that I think are worth sharing.

• John McEnroe (to a line judge, 1980 US Open "You can't see as well as these ******* flowers - and they're ******* plastic!"

• (Cricket) Aussie paceman Glenn McGrath and Zimbabwean Eddo Brandes. "˜Hey, Brandes, why are you so ******* fat?', shouted McGrath. "˜Cos every time I **** your wife she gives me a biscuit'!' responded Brandes.

• Cricket Player: "How's your wife and MY kids?"
    Other guy: "Wife's fine... kid's are marsupialed."

crackup[1].gif

Got any others?

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The second two are great. I actually Laughed Out Loud instead of just typing it...

appolyon

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
"Well bowled Harold."

Douglas Jardine congratulates Harold Larwood, his fast bowler, after he hit Bill Woodfull, the Australia captain, over the heart during the infamous Bodyline series in 1932.

appolyon

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
"It's red, round and weighs about five ounces, in case you were wondering."

Greg Thomas, of Glamorgan, unwisely makes fun of Viv Richards's inability to hit the ball. Richards soons smashes it out of the ground and replies: "Greg, you know what it looks like. Now go and find it."

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Don't bother son, you won't be out there long enough."

Fred Trueman to a new Australia batsman during an Ashes Test who had turned to shut the gate after coming on to the pitch

...I'm just lifting all these from a website ....more to come

appolyon

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
This is my island, my culture. Don't you be staring at me. In my culture we just bowl." "In my culture we just say f*** off."

What Viv Richards said to the Australia fast bowler Merv Hughes, and Hughes's response

appolyon

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
More from the cricket world...

"There's no way you are good enough to play for England." "Maybe not, but at least I'm the best cricketer in my family."

James Ormond, the fast bowler, has a quick retort to Mark Waugh, brother of Steve, when he is sledged on his debut for England.

Homme

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ How many times do you think Mark copped something along those lines
laugh.gif

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by appolyon
"Well bowled Harold."

Douglas Jardine congratulates Harold Larwood, his fast bowler, after he hit Bill Woodfull, the Australia captain, over the heart during the infamous Bodyline series in 1932.

"It's red, round and weighs about five ounces, in case you were wondering."

Greg Thomas, of Glamorgan, unwisely makes fun of Viv Richards's inability to hit the ball. Richards soons smashes it out of the ground and replies: "Greg, you know what it looks like. Now go and find it."

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Don't bother son, you won't be out there long enough."

Fred Trueman to a new Australia batsman during an Ashes Test who had turned to shut the gate after coming on to the pitch

...I'm just lifting all these from a website ....more to come

This is my island, my culture. Don't you be staring at me. In my culture we just bowl." "In my culture we just say f*** off."

What Viv Richards said to the Australia fast bowler Merv Hughes, and Hughes's response

More from the cricket world...

"There's no way you are good enough to play for England." "Maybe not, but at least I'm the best cricketer in my family."

James Ormond, the fast bowler, has a quick retort to Mark Waugh, brother of Steve, when he is sledged on his debut for England.

He said sports insults.

appolyon

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
He said sports insults.

Cricket is the greatest sport of all time. Where else can you look like this and still be a world class player?

8366.jpg

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Cricket is the greatest sport of all time. Where else can you look like this and still be a world class player?

8366.jpg

340x.jpg

kruk.jpg

I was just giving you a hard time, though.
cheers.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads