1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Bespoke from Singapore (pic heavy!)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gshen, Dec 2, 2008.

1. gshen

gshen Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Will post pics when the DB suit is in my possession.

Thanks for the legs!

2. Bull

Bull Senior member

Will post pics when the DB suit is in my possession.

Thanks for the legs!

Fantastic. By the by, how long does an Iris suit take to finish from getting measured until delivery? And how long between each step?

3. gshen

They do a muslin fitting (1-2x) for your first pattern, followed by 2-3 basted/forward fittings depending on how difficult you are to fit.

I think they can deliver in 2 weeks or so if necessary (~3 days between each fitting), but I never rush them.

4. academe

academe Senior member

Last one for 2010:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

First fitting only, so please hold back the [​IMG] comments!

This is shaping up nicely. Will this be an odd jacket or a suit? What fabric did you use?

5. chobochobo

chobochobo Rubber Chicken Dubiously Honored Moderator

[​IMG]

I dunno. Isn't there something odd about the button placement and the proportion of the overlap and lapels to the overall suit? It's as though someone has pulled you up lengthways, perhaps it's just the camera angle.

6. suited&booted

suited&booted Senior member

They do a muslin fitting (1-2x) for your first pattern, followed by 2-3 basted/forward fittings depending on how difficult you are to fit.

I think they can deliver in 2 weeks or so if necessary (~3 days between each fitting), but I never rush them.

Another nice one bro. How angled is the hacking pocket? Do you align them with anything in particular or just whatever angle which suits the eye?

7. gshen

This is shaping up nicely. Will this be an odd jacket or a suit? What fabric did you use?

Just an odd jacket.. Fabric (~10oz worsted) is from Dugdale, but I don't think they sell this stuff any longer. Was supposed to be the White Rose collection, but apparently they had some production issues with this range and it isn't made any longer?

Closeup:
    [​IMG]

I dunno. Isn't there something odd about the button placement and the proportion of the overlap and lapels to the overall suit? It's as though someone has pulled you up lengthways, perhaps it's just the camera angle.

Mm, not too sure about that. Very likely that the pic angle just sucks - the camera was aimed at a downward angle despite my repeated attempts to guide my tailor to hold it straight! Moar pics in a week or so anyway.

Another nice one bro. How angled is the hacking pocket? Do you align them with anything in particular or just whatever angle which suits the eye?

Thanks! TBH i just left it up to them after seeing an example of their hacking+ticket pockets. Not very extreme anyway - maybe about 20-25 deg?

8. academe

academe Senior member

9. gshen

Not as porous as I'd like, but it should be alright I guess.

Overchecks are burgundy one way and a dark olive/brown the other way.

10. lovelux2010

lovelux2010 Senior member

any of you guys know which london tailor (graham browne or connie and lock or sims and mcdonald or chris kerr would be best commissioned to create a similar cut to this chaps (the first blue suit)..i cannot afford the row so hence looking off the row

i really want to do london bespoke but having a hard time deciding which is my best option..

11. academe

academe Senior member

any of you guys know which london tailor (graham browne or connie and lock or sims and mcdonald or chris kerr would be best commissioned to create a similar cut to this chaps (the first blue suit)..i cannot afford the row so hence looking off the row

i really want to do london bespoke but having a hard time deciding which is my best option..

Why don't you go to all the tailors you've mentioned and discuss your ideas with them? You might be able see their work and evaluate which tailor you have the best rapport with?

12. lovelux2010

lovelux2010 Senior member

Why don't you go to all the tailors you've mentioned and discuss your ideas with them? You might be able see their work and evaluate which tailor you have the best rapport with?

i would rather find out via the forum if possible which can best make this type of suit.
    i could have a great rapport with teh tailor, but if they are not capable of cutting a suit i like this rapport will not save my suit..

13. academe

academe Senior member

i would rather find out via the forum if possible which can best make this type of suit.
    i could have a great rapport with teh tailor, but if they are not capable of cutting a suit i like this rapport will not save my suit..

Why not contact Simon Crompton (http://permanentstyle.blogspot.com/) about Graham Browne, as I understand he has use them quite a lot? Also, it may be worth a visit to the tailors you've specified as they may have examples of their work on display or suits/jackets in the process of being made.

14. GBR

GBR Senior member

Having met the tailor one uses ones own judgement as to his understanding of your needs and his commitment to deliver. It is nonsensical in the extreme to believe that discussions with third parties will deliver either let alone a suit.

15. 3ff3z8e

3ff3z8e Well-Known Member

Those are really nice lookin suits gshen. I was initially going to give Ah Loke in KL a go, but I might actually try to fit Singapore into my vacation instead next year. Pray tell, are the suits from Iris Tailor fully canvassed? Oh, and do they do unlined/ fully lined jackets as well? Thanks! [​IMG] Cheers,