• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Barney's Warehouse Sale (or, anyone know a brand named Wash?)

blank

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I stopped by the Barney's Warehouse Sale today (thoroughly disappointing for sportswear) and ended up leaving with two items from a label named Wash -- one oxford with a white collar (not button down, I like) and a cotton blazer (light khaki with thin stripes). I've never heard of the brand before -- anyone know anything about it and care to share?

--

edit: and the sale sucked. All of the sportswear was drastically overpriced...we're talking $99 and up for Hickey shirts, Varvatos button-ups at $80 and up, Theory button ups at $100 and up. Crate jeans at $69 (what's new?) and basically no interesting sportswear to consider. Only one or two pairs of shoes in my size without rubber soles, though I saw some decent Paul Smith, Varvatos and an NDC pair in other sizes.

This oxford was $39 and the blazer $69 which I felt were a little high, but overall decent.

The suits looked stocked, as always, though I don't know about the prices as I wasn't in the market. Some of the sportcoats seemed overpriced (a Varvatos near $400, Theory at $250, most everything pushing that pricepoint) and ties that weren't Barney's house brand were near $50. Also, I think the Barney's house brand dress shirts were $49 or $59.

It's not the first time I've left that sale disappointed. And even though I know I'll feel the same way next time, I know I'll go again next season (hell, maybe even again this season)

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
How many hot naked chicks did you see?
wink.gif
From reading the thread about this on sufu i heard the sale was terrible. Even people that got there at 8am were really dissapointed and couldn't find anything decent in any size but xxxxxxxlll. Not only that but the good brands and styles weren't really present. One of the members switched a couple price tags around though because the deals weren't very good. He said he didn't see as many naked ladies as he has hoped though as they try to keep you out of the women's section unless you make up a story about looking for your girlfriend/wife.
tongue.gif

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Wash is just a contemporary brand of what I've seen basics in khaki, army green, deconstructed stuff, basic cotton shirts etc....sort of like john varvatos with no styling to it.
I have a pair of khaki shorts from Wash that I use to putz around in or on vaycay.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
I don't know if you can get it for cheaper. The shorts I got at Saks were like $125.

blank

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh...interesting. I just figured that since most of the discounts at the warehouse sale were unimpressive, and I've seen the garments cheaper online or in other last-chance retailers, maybe this was true too. I'll keep an eye out.

I also hate these brands with words of ubiquity in the label -- Wash, Save, etc. Impossible to google around for the website or any other info, no matter what string you enter.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LA sale sucked balls too. Suits were all Hickey Freeman (nice stuff, but I don't do pleats), and a bunch of crappy stuff (house brand, Valentino, Varvatos, and Boss). Pretty much nothing in shoes, and I thought the sportswear was a let-down as well. Only thing I felt was pretty good were the ties. Got a couple of Armani ties for about $48 each. They were 25% off the lowest price today, same as when I went earlier in the week, but I didn't see any others I'd buy for more than 50% off marked price.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
If you live in LA or NY I really don't know why people go the first few days...all the stuff is still the same price as it was when it left the store on the lowest markdown. Plus mens usually gets a consolidation right before the sale anyways. Go the last few days if you want some tailored clothing for cheap.

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went earlier this week. The place was empty and absolutely no waiting in line for the registers. I just bought a pair of suede boots. In the clothing department--- nada. The worse Barney's Warehouse Sale ever! Last summer was a lot better.

blank

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
If you live in LA or NY I really don't know why people go the first few days...all the stuff is still the same price as it was when it left the store on the lowest markdown. Plus mens usually gets a consolidation right before the sale anyways. Go the last few days if you want some tailored clothing for cheap.

Cool, thanks. I'll check it out during one of the last days.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads