• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Authenticate Prada Loafers

superfluous.man

Reaction score
I bought these brown Saffiano prada loafers a while ago on Ebay. I thought the seller was reputable at the time and was happy enough with the shoes when I received them.

But recently due to some wear in the soles, damage to the stitching and marks on the leather I began to question their authenticity.

I am now fairly certain they are fake, not only given the fact I stupidly bought them on eBay without receiving any sort of authenticity card for the product. But after some investigating it also seems that there are some very noticeable signs, particularly with the logos.

The logo on the insoles is too thick with the R and A joining. Similarly on the soles they are too thick and deep.
The serial number on the side 2db137 10 is uneven and only corresponds with other similarly suspect loafers on eBay.

And as I said before the most obvious sign is just that the quality doesn’t seem to be as good as I originally thought.

Anyhow I’d like to get some opinions on this, not only to verify whether it’s counterfeit or not but also to see if there are any prada loafers that are actually similar to these shoes (colour, style-wise).

D18B7347-C3A4-4988-B8CC-11636454629E.png
C1525A1C-018F-40FE-9A0D-1469090A4365.png
F6203C69-2A69-4A5D-B801-4A1F987CD3BC.png
033FD2ED-BC59-47E5-B653-A81DB66131B9.png
9CE96023-CA19-440A-B322-BC3F4CD0A27B.png
BD785642-F82D-4CB5-B57E-93BBE9F5D2B5.png
E1022A8C-7C04-40F5-938F-3C2B0EB2C4A7.png

Bankers_Stripes

Reaction score
I own a few of those exact model purchased directly from Prada’s website, black and navy. Your shoes I think are authentic. The only odd thing that doesn’t match up with my shoes is the “10” etched into the bottom of your shoe. My shoes are also EU size 10 and there is no number on the bottom. That’s the only thing that stands out.

superfluous.man

Reaction score
I also thought that was unusual but I think that could’ve just been carved in by the third party seller for inventory.

I’m most worried about the thickness, font of the logo on the insole, which seems to be a typical teller sign that an item is counterfeit.
05C0FC28-B7C5-4B0E-AC53-BF4B6EA85ECE.png
I know it’s difficult to see in this picture but what do you think?

Bankers_Stripes

Reaction score
I just looked at mine again - every detail in yours matches mine that I bought directly from Prada. The font is the same, the thickness is the same, the stitching etc.

I think you have yourself a real pair I don’t believe you have a fake.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads