• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Navy Shawl cardigan for me as well, can't decide if I should get a cheapy or spend some $$ and get the Drakes Cashmere one.
Navy 3 piece suit
C&J Tetbury boots in black
On the look out for some more cashmere scarves. HenryCarter getting any more? I've got a Grey one which is excellent.

That Drakes is a 4ply so unless your in Melbourne or Canberra I wonder if you would get enough wear out of it for the price.

I would like a pair of Jeans, that is if I can find a pair that fit comfortably.

I need a new two ply cashmere and a lambswool jumper.

A new overcoat would be nice but that requires a good score in an op shop. (yeah right)

ps forgot a coule of pairs of corduroy trousers navy and olive would be good.

Last edited:

nabilmust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for correcting me. Was not aware they had several 'ranges' of makes. While PJ is not at fault for the writer's ignorance, I've never read him making a correction. I think they quite like being seen as 'bespoke' and why not if it is good for business. But it's wrong.

Welcome to the forum, old mate.

My pro-tip to you: I'd leave the assumptions at the door.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My wife will be more than satisfied with that description :)

Haha

I bought tickets to WOWS yesterday the ticket guy asks "are you going to see this film with some one over 18?"

Wow the wife will be thrilled to hear that.

I'm on then so I'll ask for identification.

As for women providing advice as a former Wardrobe Mistress she has a very good eye for how clothing fits, fit is one thing style advice is totally verboten!

Last edited:

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for correcting me. Was not aware they had several 'ranges' of makes. While PJ is not at fault for the writer's ignorance, I've never read him making a correction. I think they quite like being seen as 'bespoke' and why not if it is good for business. But it's wrong.
The author was no less ignorant than yourself in making such statements. Can't control the press, they call for a quote and write an article.

Also I think you will find the only true bespoke tailors in that article are Bijan and Cutler.

PapaRubbery

Reaction score
I think I'm turning Japanese, I thinking I'm turning Japanese, I really think so.

Actually PR cash at weddings is still a bit of an issue as far as I can tell and I wouldn't say we love LV...but then there are 5 million (plus descendants, diaspora etc) so I am sure some of the Scots you know would fit these categories.

And what are these strange customs you refer too...?

Maybe it's this particular clan I'm marrying into, but the customs I described are exhibited by all.

Doesn't your friends reimburse a lot of the funds with their cash gifts during the wedding, my friends and I usually give $100 per head to the couple.

In China, people joke about using wedding to make money, or to accept bribes!

Well if the wedding couple receive the gifts, and the father of the bride pays for it all ... hmm ... this could be quite a money spinner!

(I kid I kid!)

Usually, families with extensive business/professional connections will need to invite more people. Uncles, aunties, etc. Sometimes the bride and groom do not really have much of a choice. One way to avoid these hassles is to "get married on vacation" which is roughly the Asian equivalent of eloping. Not many brides will agree to this.

And we have not even touch on the subject of dowries and prewedding customs.

So I'm finding that with 100 guests there's about 20 friends, and about 80 family/'family' (see: odd scottish 'uncle and aunty' thing in previous post), and one or two places left for brown-nosing, if required in the future. Wedding isn't for a while, so it's good to have the brown-nose invites available.

As for dowries; I wish!

Don't think this has anything to do with race but with age and upbringing. When an Aunt of mine died, she was 88, they found $10 grand stashed all around the house.

I'm being fairly facetious with the mock scottish racism; and it could be that this collection of people all had very similar upbringings, but the age is spread across the sample, and their customs are all very very similar.

Decided I'd start wearing a blazer, chinos and an OCBD when stuck in the office. Tried to wear a pocket square but mum said it made me look like a wanker (or more of one
frown.gif
)

I wear that in the office (academia) and I'm a tie away from being over dressed. It's a good look, and the coarseness of the oxford cloth plays well with more casual sports coat textures.

Your mum's a keeper.

Trust me, I know ;)

What's on everyone's winter purchase list? I'm sick of the hot days.

For me, so far:

Navy shawl collar cardigan from CT (very nice for $100).
Jeans
Rain Mac
Peacoat
RMWs
+ Maybe 1-2 new pairs of AEs
+ Mabe 2-3 new Luxire shirts with French cuffs (which I think of as winter-y).

Carmina boots
2x Luxire odd trousers
Another suit
Overcoat
Scarf
Gloves
(going to NYC in xmas, so will need it!)
2-4 Kamakura shirts

Maybe some new glasses but otherwise that's me done

Petepan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ If you need gloves, you will also need something for your ears. Earmuffs or beanies. But these are not too costly.

Re: dowries- in our culture, the groom pays the dowry, so be careful what you wish for, hehehe....

smeggett

Reaction score
Quote:
From memory, having had a fitting in early January, all the PJT suits are now made in Italy - I was told the Netherlands workshop was no longer making their product. I stand to be corrected if I mis-heard. Romp?

Arch3r

Reaction score

That Drakes is a 4ply so unless your in Melbourne or Canberra I wonder if you would get enough wear out of it for the price.

I would like a pair of Jeans, that is if I can find a pair that fit comfortably.

I need a new two ply cashmere and a lambswool jumper.

A new overcoat would be nice but that requires a good score in an op shop. (yeah right)

ps forgot a coule of pairs of corduroy trousers navy and olive would be good.

Good point, any suggestions in that style? I've seen a few but none I like as much. :(

I just can't get into corduroy... Maybe I just haven't come across the right pair.

Last edited:

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Quote:
From memory, having had a fitting in early January, all the PJT suits are now made in Italy - I was told the Netherlands workshop was no longer making their product. I stand to be corrected if I mis-heard. Romp?
Yep that's correct One workshop about an hour away from Rome And then the PJ Napoli range which is orazio Luciano And we now have another workshop that Pat and Tom finalised plans with last month on their trip, allowing us to now offer both Milanese and Neapolitan styles of tailoring

kayhill

Reaction score
And we now have another workshop that Pat and Tom finalised plans with last month on their trip, allowing us to now offer both Milanese and Neapolitan styles of tailoring

Nice! What are the main differences between the two styles?

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads