• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Topher22

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get a well fitting, plain , zip through hoodie in Australia, ideally Melbourne that is somewhat light weight? It has to look stylish, though I easily get too hot in thick heavyweight hoodies. I'm a slightly athletic build, though it's clear I'm a bit of a foodie.

View attachment 1024084 Any ideas on who might be able to alter a leather jacket to be able to attach a shearling collar (and make the collar ideally)? Picked up this leather jacket from christys on sale (thanks to the fella who posted about the sale a while ago) and I like everything except the collar.

the jacket looks good, I should grab one though I'm nowhere near the store, so fitment is a gamble. I've no idea about advice for your collar though.

zhenjie

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get a well fitting, plain , zip through hoodie in Australia, ideally Melbourne that is somewhat light weight? It has to look stylish, though I easily get too hot in thick heavyweight hoodies. I'm a slightly athletic build, though it's clear I'm a bit of a foodie.

I would look at the AS Colour range of sweatshirts. Their Zips start from around 320gsm, so mid-weight. Stores in Melbourne conservative business dress and Fitzroy, and may also find them in Culture King and other lifestyle stores. You'll have to size down for a fitted look, as they tend to err on the 'street' style (longer in body/arms).

Mr Simple has a decent range too. Then there's also Uniqlo/Muji , who are releasing their Spring range.

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry. Stylish doesn't work with Hoodie

timbo666

Reaction score
Australian Premier of the documentary John Simons: A Modernist.

The film is showing during Fashion Week @ Australian Centre for the Moving Image (ACMI), Federation Sq. Melbourne from 1 - 9 Sept. 2018

While he might not be a house-hold name in Australia, John Simons’ careful curation of London fashion in the early 1960s popularised modern (aka ‘mod’) styles of dressing, transforming the way many young people dressed in Britain and around the world. The mod look, influenced heavily by Jazz and a very particular collection of classic American clothing, captured the hearts and wallets of a new generation of consumers, eager to distance themselves from their parent’s drab post-war wardrobes.

Featuring exclusive interviews with musicians Kevin Rowland (Dexys Midnight Runners), Suggs (Madness), the eternally stylish Paul Weller (The Jam, The Style Council), broadcaster Robert Elms (of The Face era), art and Antiques Roadshow expert Ronnie Archer Morgan, advertising guru Sir John Hegarty and Sir Paul Smith as well as John Simons himself. Plus those who have loved John and his work for over 60 years.

John Simons continues to dress a host of contemporary names including actor Martin Freeman (The Office UK, Black Panther) who can often be seen sporting Simon’s enduring contemporary fashion. Written by the super stylish Jason Jules.

Australian premiere. Exclusive to ACMI.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/234523753932713/

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Australian Premier of the documentary John Simons: A Modernist.

The film is showing during Fashion Week @ Australian Centre for the Moving Image (ACMI), Federation Sq. Melbourne from 1 - 9 Sept. 2018

While he might not be a house-hold name in Australia, John Simons’ careful curation of London fashion in the early 1960s popularised modern (aka ‘mod’) styles of dressing, transforming the way many young people dressed in Britain and around the world. The mod look, influenced heavily by Jazz and a very particular collection of classic American clothing, captured the hearts and wallets of a new generation of consumers, eager to distance themselves from their parent’s drab post-war wardrobes.

Featuring exclusive interviews with musicians Kevin Rowland (Dexys Midnight Runners), Suggs (Madness), the eternally stylish Paul Weller (The Jam, The Style Council), broadcaster Robert Elms (of The Face era), art and Antiques Roadshow expert Ronnie Archer Morgan, advertising guru Sir John Hegarty and Sir Paul Smith as well as John Simons himself. Plus those who have loved John and his work for over 60 years.

John Simons continues to dress a host of contemporary names including actor Martin Freeman (The Office UK, Black Panther) who can often be seen sporting Simon’s enduring contemporary fashion. Written by the super stylish Jason Jules.

Australian premiere. Exclusive to ACMI.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/234523753932713/

Well said.

If you use the code 'Gerry', you'll get tickets for $12.

Put This On just did an article on it here:
https://putthison.com/a-modernist-screening-in-melbourne/

benf

Reaction score
Went to a whiskey tasting last nite...got carried away and came home with this

Hibiki 21 in Ceramic decanter (2015).

7B6B7EA4-3043-4B24-9F61-12F763EF3C6B.jpeg

D6D25F38-DCEB-4F0E-9CBA-64EAA8CAACAD.jpeg

2BC424F4-1EF9-4962-A9E2-55D0E8F05A7D.jpeg

wurger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1024084 Any ideas on who might be able to alter a leather jacket to be able to attach a shearling collar (and make the collar ideally)? Picked up this leather jacket from christys on sale (thanks to the fella who posted about the sale a while ago) and I like everything except the collar.

good buy, I got a few of my mates to buy those jackets too, but the shearling collar would make the jacket way to warm to wear in Sydney even in winter.

boot_owl

Reaction score
good buy, I got a few of my mates to buy those jackets too, but the shearling collar would make the jacket way to warm to wear in Sydney even in winter.

Even if it's just sitting on my collarbone? Doubt it'll make that much difference - just stylistic

timbo666

Reaction score

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bang head against wall time. Op shopping today for (of all things) a camera bag, and I stumbled on a pure cashmere Canali SC in chocolate brown. Lovely thing but they wanted $150. I still would have bought it if it fit, but it's a 38 drop 7; not for me, alas. Bugger.

boot_owl

Reaction score
Bang head against wall time. Op shopping today for (of all things) a camera bag, and I stumbled on a pure cashmere Canali SC in chocolate brown. Lovely thing but they wanted $150. I still would have bought it if it fit, but it's a 38 drop 7; not for me, alas. Bugger.
Where? That's my size

hschrapel

Reaction score
Would also love to know where

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member