1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

ATTACHMENT: The Discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by brad-t, Oct 21, 2012.

1. tellure

tellure Senior member

hahaha, nicely done.

That KK leather on Lazarri is an awesome price but for some reason I can't get into the pre-wrinkled look that they were doing back then..

[​IMG]

If you look at how nicely the new versions wear in (this pic from NicelyNice), I'd rather go for the natural wrinkles:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
  2. filth

filth Senior member

This dude is the same exact measurements as me.. But i'm always a 44/XS in most brands so im leanin towards a size. 1. God dammit.

3. hoozah

hoozah Senior member

you don't want a tight bomber

4. BB1

BB1 Senior member

You should get the size 2 as it is the closet in fit to a 44/XS. Don't rely on that Attachment 1=44/XS sizing chart that someone posted. In my opinion it is wrong. Do you really believe that a Japanese label's smallest size is exactly the same as most US/European labels smallest size??

I was trying to explain how I derived at my sizing opinion, as opposed to simply regurgitating a misleading (and possibly extrapolated) size chart taken from elsewhere. This is useful information for others to know prior to wasting money on a poorly fitting proxy purchase they cannot return. I own about 30 to 40 Attachment pieces and likely know this label better than anyone else posting here.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  5. BB1

BB1 Senior member

The Hooded Stadium Jacket is my favorite piece from this season. I recently proxied it and it immediately became my favorite jacket. The wool, leather, lining, and construction quality are all top notch. Plus it has these cool oversized black Riri zips that provide a nice contrast....

[​IMG]

7 people like this.
  6. BillKillgore

BillKillgore Senior member

^^ ballin, who stocks that?

7. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

In the end, the best way to know your size is to check the measurements. A 44 from one brand could be much larger than a 44 from another, so to simply say, "I'm a 44, so I'll take size 1" could be very bad. Attachment-ec.com has measurements for every current season piece. Compare them to pieces that fit you well and select accordingly.

8. Magic1

Magic1 Senior member

That jacket is awesome...

I have a jacket from 08, size 5 that I had narrowed in the body, sleeves shortened, and fits me (pretty stock 48) very well. will post pics at some point.

9. dwyhajlo

dwyhajlo Senior member

H. Lorenzo, Archive SF, Vertice, and Sydney's have all confirmed that they will not be receiving the Attachment MA-1 as part of their order this season.

WHY MUST I CRY

10. YOLO EMSHI

YOLO EMSHI Senior member

Is the Attachment online store known to run out of stock quickly?

11. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

It's really variable. Popular items will sell out or almost sell out very quickly, though.

1 person likes this.
  12. YOLO EMSHI

YOLO EMSHI Senior member

13. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

Hi Yolo,

Those KKA pieces are very light. They are a somewhat thin wool/cashmere blend and are unlined with unfinished edges. You should think of it as a heavy cardigan more than a coat. That said, when I handled the fabric at IF in New York City, I was in love with the softness haha. That hooded coat is my favourite piece! If it was lined, I would've gotten it for the winter.

With regards to the Attachment coat, please let me know your size before I start hunting for it ;)

---

Attachment x Mercury 10th Anniversary Mods Coat

[​IMG][​IMG]

¥115,000. Sold out already.

1 person likes this.
  14. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

For anyone in NYC, Hotoveli on W. 4th is also carrying Attachment this season. Their buy is pretty good, better than what I saw at IF from what I can remember. I was just kinda casually familiar with the brand but never had a good look in person, and getting to check it out, I was impressed by everything I looked at. Really good fabric choices, in my opinion. I'm a fan.

15. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

Thanks for sharing!

16. artishard116

artishard116 Senior member

cool store, nice staff

17. BBSLM

BBSLM Senior member

In the MA-1, would size 3 be right for a 37-38" chest, 5'11", 140ish lbs?

18. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

I think so.

(That said, I think the upcoming Toj/John Coppidge MA-1 is nicer haha)

Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
  19. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Yes, and it helps if you have an ectomorphic body as well. I really like some Attachment stuff, and wear a size 4 (I am a small 40), but I find that even then, the shoulders are dead on, the chest a little tight, and the body a little loose - and I've hardly a huge guy with a massive drop.

20. BBSLM

BBSLM Senior member

Yea I'm debating between the attachment, jc, and ro ma-1s. The attachment is probably my third choice.

I'm an ectomorph who works out. I have about 7-8" drop. Sounds like a 3 should work. Thanks.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2012