• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

mco543

Reaction score
Would anyone happen to know which species of shark is/was most commonly used for shark skin shoes?

12345Michael54321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is seersucker really only acceptable in that pale blue stripe?

They wouldn't make and sell seersucker suits in so many colors, if blue stripe were the only truly acceptable one.

Oh, and bow ties go nicely with seersucker suits. Just sayin'.

YRR92

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some questions though, what are small daubers for? I can't really find a use for it.

I read that the wax polish itself would provide waterproofing, should I still layer it with rain &stain repellent spray? Plus if I choose to quickly buff it periodically would it damage the leather if I just do it on top of the spray?
Those are for applying wax polish.

I don't spray my leather shoes, only my suede ones.

Last edited:

Slh

Reaction score
Can somebody suggest a site which have a good selection of trousers for max 200$?Preferably from europe ( but not obligatory).
I know panta, and nmwa but they are too expensive.
I liked howard yount a lot because they have a big selection of trousers,they had trousers with side adjusters and they are in my price range but I read they are struggling with customer service and other issues.
Maybe epaulet? They are slightly over my budget but maybe they run sales?

Slh

Reaction score

Why not Luxire?

is luxire online mtm? I'm not familiar with online mtm and at the moment I would avoid it.

@Slh
 yoox or mr porter for incotex?
I don't like yoox because their size charts are not very detailed ( for a lack of a better word).
I'm looking for a pair of light gray flannells and a pair of beige/tan/ cream linen trousers, preferably with side adjusters.

AndrewST

Reaction score
I live in the middle of ARE country, so to speak, and need suit sleeve alterations. FWIW, the sleeve buttons are non-functional.

Do you suggest I trust my local dry cleaner's seamstress to make the changes? (Shortening by 1/2 of an inch.) I haven't taken anything there before except for cleaning. Good enough work on that end.

I'm unfamiliar w/ the whole process and one of my worries is that a 1/2'' move from the cuff will look goofy because the buttons start at about that distance from cuff -- eyeball measure.

I've emailed the nearest men's shop for suggestions; their go-to place is over three hours from my house and, to be frank, that isn't in the cards.

Last edited:

GetBlatzed

Reaction score
Grabbed this at a thrift store just based on the original price. There's no manufacturer tag. Anybody recognize these tags?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads