• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pink's not all that well made and Borrelli has gone downhill. Very tough to answer without knowing how the shirts fit you and what MTM you had in mind. There's a wide range.

Winston S.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I purchased a raincoat (single breasted, no belted trench coat?) that unfortunately is a bit too large for me (my old size, but I've been working out and dieting and it's too big and only going to get bigger on me).
Is it possible to have a tailor slim sleeves and take in the waist/back to have this thing fit me more like a loose fitting classic raincoat and less like a poncho?
I'm not all too familiar with alterations to ready-to-wear clothing.

I've had it done, so yes, it's doable.

AMProf

Reaction score
Question: Ideal navy blazer.

In search of a new navy blazer. I want a trim, tailored look (higher armholes, smaller lapels, tailored waist) similar to Brooks Brother's Fitzgerald or Milano cuts (nothing over-the-top trendy). However, I want a "finer" fabric (meaning smoother, more luxurious). I'm a BB devotee, but unfortunately, the Fitzgerald, which is the cut I like, comes in a more hopsack fabric, which to me takes the jacket in a casual direction. The 1818 blazers, which have the type of fabric I want, have a more traditional cut that I do not like. Any suggestions for brands to look for, keeping in the similar price range (sub $800, preferably much lower if on sale).

Liquidus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

In search of a new navy blazer. I want a trim, tailored look (higher armholes, smaller lapels, tailored waist) similar to Brooks Brother's Fitzgerald or Milano cuts (nothing over-the-top trendy). However, I want a "finer" fabric (meaning smoother, more luxurious). I'm a BB devotee, but unfortunately, the Fitzgerald, which is the cut I like, comes in a more hopsack fabric, which to me takes the jacket in a casual direction. The 1818 blazers, which have the type of fabric I want, have a more traditional cut that I do not like. Any suggestions for brands to look for, keeping in the similar price range (sub $800, preferably much lower if on sale).

Howard Yount has both a fall and summer blazer that might fit what you want:

http://www.howardyount.com/collections/jackets

powenb

Reaction score
Does any body know how one can create a PS like this?
photo-26.jpg

GrensonMan

Reaction score
Pink's not all that well made and Borrelli has gone downhill. Very tough to answer without knowing how the shirts fit you and what MTM you had in mind. There's a wide range.

I see. I will need to do some research on which MTM I would go with. I cannot provide pictures of the shirt's fit on me but I do know my measurements. Chest-34'' Neck-13.5'' Waist- 28'' Arm Length-30" Height 5'8.

Last edited:

Essential

Reaction score
What's the difference between unlined, half-lined and fully lined? Besides the obvious amount of lining, what does each do for jackets and trousers?

msulinski

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I just got a Coppley Black Label jacket that I like a lot. It has a "finer/formal" fabric like the 1818 line, but a more modern cut.

TheloniusDrunk

Reaction score
I have 19" shoulders, and only a size 40" chest. Also 26.5" sleeves. Am I screwed jacket-wise? I can't seem to find anything in those measurements.

jc4jax

Reaction score
I bought a sports coat at a thrift store for a song and I would like to welcome any critique or suggestions for this coat. Its a thick coarse weave in navy and gold.

Stone34

Reaction score
Does any body know how one can create a PS like this?
photo-26.jpg
I have no idea what a PS is, but if it's the TIE KNOT... yeah can anyone tell me what kind of Tie Knot that is and HOW to tie one like that. That is the perfect tie not to me.

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have no idea what a PS is, but if it's the TIE KNOT... yeah can anyone tell me what kind of Tie Knot that is and HOW to tie one like that.  That is the perfect tie not to me.

PS = pocket square, the purple pocket square in the quys pocket lol sorry I dont know how else to describe it. Purple material in the guys jacket pocket.

I know foo made a video about how tying a tie but I can't remember where it is.

Braddock

Reaction score

48volts

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a pretty muscular body type. Big, athletic quads and shoulders/upper body, and relatively small waist. Many of the styles I find are designed for slimmer guys and look funny on a big guy like myself. Can someone direct me to some tumblrs/blogs/anything with ideas for styles for my body type?

Thanks.

FondDeJante

Reaction score
My answer depends on how long before you are eligible for parole and whether you need that oversized jacket to smuggle contraband into your prison.

Thanks New Shoes (also thanks to GrensonMan), looks like it would be too much work to pull off so back it goes....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads