• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Namehere2

Reaction score
Yeah I was thinking likewise, but then I'd have 2 pair of brown shoes and no other color. Isn't that somewhat of a waste? I really like brown shoes but does it fit to many outfits?

Off My Rack

Reaction score
Definitely a loafer. But seeing as how the shoes pictured are eccos, I'm guessing those are out of his price range. What's the budget?

Namehere2

Reaction score
Spot on mate, my budget is not as wide as I am 18 y/o and studying.
I'd like to have as cheap as possibe, but can range up to about 90 euros.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Yeah I was thinking likewise, but then I'd have 2 pair of brown shoes and no other color. Isn't that somewhat of a waste? I really like brown shoes but does it fit to many outfits?

If you are dressing casually I see no reason to wear black shoes. Especially loafers.

Namehere2

Reaction score
Spot on. My budget is far away from the loafer up there (checked the price up). My budget would range up to 90 euros max, but I'd love to find a cheap nice pair since I'm 18 and studying, no income really.

If you are dressing casually I see no reason to wear black shoes. Especially loafers.

Okey, so no loafers, why? And why not black? Seen some people pull it off nicely, but when I think about it maybe they might have not dressed casually.
Sorry for the questions but I'm relatively new to this fashion thing.

Last edited:

Off My Rack

Reaction score
Brown fits pretty much any outfit, especially more casual outfits. You'll find that many people on this forum don't own a black shoe.

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Check out what a tailor would take for "shortening" the shoulder-width by like an inch or so, and If you think it's worth it then take this one.
Not much else I think needs to be altered

EDIT: but I agree with what someone else said, that the shoulders on both jackets look a bit odd

Last edited:

Off My Rack

Reaction score
Look for a driving loafer. If you're 18, it'll fit your age well. It won't last long, but that's true for pretty much anything within your budget.

cammy035

Reaction score
Thanks Offmyrack - I'll take some more pictures with the shirt tucked in, and a few with all three buttons buttoned up as well. Thanks for your opinion on the blazer, too.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Spot on. My budget is far away from the loafer up there (checked the price up). My budget would range up to 90 euros max, but I'd love to find a cheap nice pair since I'm 18 and studying, no income really.

Black is fine for dress shoes. Loafers are casual shoes. So a black loafer would have an identity crisis.

Namehere2

Reaction score
Brown fits pretty much any outfit, especially more casual outfits. You'll find that many people on this forum don't own a black shoe.
Okey, yeah I've seen alot of brown shoes. Personally I really like the colour, and it seems to blend in to many situations. Cheers!
Look for a driving loafer. If you're 18, it'll fit your age well. It won't last long, but that's true for pretty much anything within your budget.
Okey, thanks :) Although I don't see alot of difference between the driving loafer and the shoe im wearing currently, except it has shoelaces.
Black is fine for dress shoes. Loafers are casual shoes. So a black loafer would have an identity crisis.
Aha, I gotcha :)

Namehere2

Reaction score
Actually, how about a loafer thats closer to the gray look? Dark grey, light grey? Medium grey? :D Maybe beige?
What colours are acceptable to fit several outfits?

Last edited:

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Actually, how about a loafer thats closer to the gray look? Dark grey, light grey? Medium grey? :D Maybe beige?

What colours are acceptable to fit several outfits?

For something like that you might want to ask in the streetwear and denim forum. It might be slightly out of range for here in terms of price and style.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads