• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Off My Rack

Reaction score
They've got some wingtip boots that I like VERY much, would those work or are they too "country"?
I'd probably go with the Strand in Dark Brown, to stick with the previous recommendations. While a wingtip boot is certainly a nice shoe, it won't really serve as an "anchor" in your shoe wardrobe.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

They've got some wingtip boots that I like VERY much, would those work or are they too "country"?

They are going to stand out much more. I am not sure what you are dressing for though. I hope that you have other shoes in rotation. You really shouldn't be looking to wear literally one pair of shoes every day. It is horrible for shoes.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I'd probably go with the Strand in Dark Brown, to stick with the previous recommendations. While a wingtip boot is certainly a nice shoe, it won't really serve as an "anchor" in your shoe wardrobe.

Honestly, I would do the 5th ave in dark brown.

Layered Player

Reaction score
They are going to stand out much more. I am not sure what you are dressing for though. I hope that you have other shoes in rotation. You really shouldn't be looking to wear literally one pair of shoes every day. It is horrible for shoes.

My father taught me about how to care for shoes/clothing etc and I've always done pretty well style-wise just not to the exacting standards I've seen since joing this august company.
I like the Strand and the 5th ave, will probably go with the 5th ave as its more conservative.
Thank you both!!

Last edited:

Off My Rack

Reaction score
My father taught me about how to care for shoes/clothing etc and I've always done pretty well style-wise just not to the exacting standards I've seen since joing this august company.
I like the Strand and the 5th ave, will probably go with the 5th ave as its more conservative.
Thank you both!!
Definitely the 5th Ave. to add to the current collection. you seem to have the casual end covered for now.

Layered Player

Reaction score
Definitely the 5th Ave. to add to the current collection. you seem to have the casual end covered for now.
Thank you!

I've also found a man here in Portland who does Coppley MTM so that's my next big purchase.

I'll be sure to post fit pics so I get what's coming to me!

Off My Rack

Reaction score
I'd lean towards the 38. The shoulders on the 40 are quite large.

However, I simply don't like the look of the shoulders on this coat. The seam is at an odd location, and that throws everything off. It may be helpful to have you actually tuck the shirt in - with the untucked shirt it looks like the buttoning point is a bit high. Tucking in the shirt can give a better reference point (actually seeing where your trousers sit) and people would have an easier time critiquing certain aspects of the fit.

Namehere2

Reaction score
Hey guys, got a question for ya.

Summer's coming up, and I need a new pair of shoes that pretty much goes to match into alot of outfits.
I'll mostly be wearing chinos shorts with a shirt, or a t-shirt/polo. Might even use jeans but not as much.
Currently I have a pair of these http://img.tradera.com/images/041/142193041_1.jpg sorta, and would like to have something more summery/cooly.

All help appreciated

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Crockett and Jones loafer?

merton-apron-loafers-brown-4468584-lrg.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads