• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Dingusberry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A.P.C.'s are a classic in the denim world IMO. I personally like the quality of A.P.C. but really don't like their fits. My APC's have held up better than my other brands. I own a pair right now but never seem to wear them anymore...probably because I prefer the fits that Nudies provides more. I know my next pair of jeans will probably be another pair of Nudies.
It's all preference at the end of the day. Use and fit matter most for me. I don't wear my jeans in professional settings (casual Fridays and such) so I don't mind the Nudie stitching. I know others who hate it or don't think its appropriate for their use...

I wonder if APC has any skinny or slimfit jeans, because I am pretty skinny and can't find other fits that fit my legs.

aglass

Reaction score

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Not sure I see the jacket length issue. It's a newer, shorter Isaia model. Ends maybe 0.25 inches before my knuckles
I'm always going to have a messed up collar before alterations. I have very square shoulders.
What struck me in the picture was waist. Quarters seem very open. Does it look overly tight?

I still think it is too short, as far as tight it is hard to tell from these pictures. If it is tight, not by a lot. The quarters on this coat are supposed to be swept open like this. In most cases the jacket is cut in such a way that you shouldn't be able to button the second button.

I think if you have square shoulders you should find a suit that fits your frame better. A collar pulling away from your neck is not something that is easy to fix, or in some cases can even be fixed. I think you can find a better model suit.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone buy donegal trousers from BB before? I'm thinking about picking up a pair of these ($100 with the current sale):

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCat...92&Sub_Product_Id=1471002&default_color=Black
I haven't bought donegal wool trousers from BB before, but I have bought many other things from BB and have not been dissapointed. Those trousers look pretty nice, and the price is right. Donegal wool is something I want to incorporate into my wardrobe. I say get them!

Winston S.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think if you have square shoulders you should find a suit that fits your frame better. A collar pulling away from your neck is not something that is easy to fix, or in some cases can even be fixed. I think you can find a better model suit.

From what I have read on here, I thought that shoulder issues were deal breakers, but jrd617 made it seem like a trivial issue and an easy fix.

Thanks for clearing that up.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I still think it is too short, as far as tight it is hard to tell from these pictures. If it is tight, not by a lot. The quarters on this coat are supposed to be swept open like this. In most cases the jacket is cut in such a way that you shouldn't be able to button the second button.

It is a sportcoat. Very casual length, but not as bad as LBM 1911, etc. Measures in at about 29.5 inches. Got it on the B&S. (here)

Actually traded that ill-fitting 38R Isaia for it. Left me with more room in the chest and shoulder.

The shoulders are very soft. Don't know if that has anything to do with the collar issue?

Would this collar require a different kind of surgery than just regular shortening?

From what I have read on here, I thought that shoulder issues were deal breakers, but jrd617 made it seem like a trivial issue and an easy fix.
Thanks for clearing that up.

See above. Used to think this was just a matter of having a tailor shorten the collar.

Last edited:

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It is hard to tell by the quality of those pics, also you're not wearing a proper shirt underneath so the collar issue could be pronounced, but ultimately you should find a suit where you have to take the most minimal amount of invasive action to get right. This has a lot of flaws and even if it didn't it still needs to be longer and sleeves shorter. Structured or not, the issues are the same. It seems that you are asking for advice and then resisting the options. By all means try to tailor it, but I don't think this model is the most flattering for you.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

It is hard to tell by the quality of those pics, also you're not wearing a proper shirt underneath so the collar issue could be pronounced, but ultimately you should find a suit where you have to take the most minimal amount of invasive action to get right. This has a lot of flaws and even if it didn't it still needs to be longer and sleeves shorter. Structured or not, the issues are the same. It seems that you are asking for advice and then resisting the options. By all means try to tailor it, but I don't think this model is the most flattering for you.

Appreciate your help. Maybe I need to go to Saks/Neimans and try on as many models from Borrelli, Isaia, Belvest, Zegna, etc. as possible.

soundsgood

Reaction score

I dunno, for that price couldn't you snag a pair of AE's that could fit those roles?  Maybe not the jeans part, but everything else...

I actually bought them for 200 with a fortyoff coupon code. I think they raised the price once I bought them too. Decent price?

readyinsemo

Reaction score

This is a cufflink / tie bar set that was given to me as a gift a few years ago. I have been trying to figure out who made the set and if there are other cities.

Any help info I can get would be greatly appreciated.

So(cal)Steezy

Reaction score

I wonder if APC has any skinny or slimfit jeans, because I am pretty skinny and can't find other fits that fit my legs. 

"Petit Standards" are pretty dang skinny. They'll stretch some as all raw denim does, so size down, but don't kill yourself.
I just don't like the rise on them, I think I am more a fan of more classic fits

Last edited:

Dingusberry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Petit Standards" are pretty dang skinny. They'll stretch some as all raw denim does, so size down, but don't kill yourself.
I just don't like the rise on them, I think I am more a fan of more classic fits

What is the difference between Petit Standards and New Cure?

tdhk

Reaction score
Hi quick question,

will low tension denim (high slub) denim stretch more in the waist vs a high tension (read as smooth) denim?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads