Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. maxlindao

maxlindao New Member

Hi,

My name is Max and I've been lurking around for a few months. I'm just starting to build a decent wardrobe and I'm looking to buy a decent quality shoe. I've read alot about construction methods and I've decided to buy a goodyear shoe. The trouble is that I live in Brazil and I'm a noobie, so I can't really tell if the shoes that are being sold on the stores really are goodyear welted. I asked the clerk who works at the brazilian Brooks Brothers of sorts. He told me that the shoe's soles are stiched AND glued, so I was left wandering if goodyear shoes soles are glued to the insoles at all??

All responses are deeply apreciated, and excuse my English.

2. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

PatrickBooth and all, what do you think of the fit of this Isaia 40R casual SC?

(Aside from the collar gap and sleeves)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012

3. yjeezle

yjeezle Senior member

jonah lehrer on colbert report yesterday... (4/17)

anyone know what glasses those are?

also: wedding in june outside in texas heat and i'm planning on wearing a linen suit. what color should i wear?

4. jcoyne3

jcoyne3 New Member

im sorry if this has been asked already, but im having a really hard time finding a super simple watch with an 18mm lug. maybe im just looking in all the wrong places but i cant seem to find one at all. im a student, so im looking to spend as little as possible on the watch, i only really want it to swap NATO bands into (all the best ones are 18mm only). im looking for something with a minimalist face, something like a timex weekender or the thin skagens/bulovas. any help?

5. Pieceofsand

Pieceofsand Senior member

those things that a man would wear on his biceps over his long sleeve dress shirt, in attempt to "shorten" the dress shirt sleeves when worn underneath a jacket, what are those things called?

6. 12345Michael54321

12345Michael54321 Senior member

You could always pick up a Darch (or Daich - it seems to go by both names) watch or two, on eBay. They're quartz, come in a variety of colors/styles, and are 18mm. I bought one last year, mostly out of curiosity (since there had been some talk of them on a watch forum I frequent). Cost me 1 cent, plus $10.99 shipping - watch was new, with battery and canvas strap. That seemed to be a common price for the dozens of Daich watches listed, too.

I've worn it on a couple of different NATO-type straps. It's a cheap, Chinese beater, and I don't kid myself that it's anything more than that. It looks okay. Like pretty much any quartz watch, it's more than accurate enough for any reasonable purpose. When the battery dies after a year or three, I'll probably just buy a new watch, as that might actually be cheaper and easier than buying a new battery and having it installed.

It's not a truly minimalist face, but it's not cluttered with sub-dials. The watch is thin and relatively small in diameter, which is a pleasant change from the current trend for wristwatches the better part of an inch thick, and nearly as large as pie plates.

I'm sure you could do better, but for eleven bucks, new, delivered, it's gonna be hard to beat.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

--
    Michael

7. 12345Michael54321

12345Michael54321 Senior member

Pieceofsand, are you thinking of sleeve garters?

8. Poindexter

Poindexter Senior member

A garter. They're actually usually used to pull up the sleeve out of the suds; thus the association with bartenders.

9. KYeezy

KYeezy Senior member

Would it be okay if i size up for margiela sneakers? I'm usually a size 9 but my feet are some what wide

10. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

Those watches look surprisingly nice for 10 bucks.

11. Sanguis Mortuum

Sanguis Mortuum Senior member

I've always known them as arm-bands, but as mentioned above it seems 'sleeve garters' is also used.

12. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

any review/info about apc blazer or suits? quality, all that canvasses/fussed?

thanks

13. Pieceofsand

Pieceofsand Senior member

Yes, garther. Haha thank you SF you :slayer:

14. inimitable

inimitable Senior member

15. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

I think you can do better with a different model, or different brand. Why are you so dead set on Isaia? If anything get a size longer, it is way too short. It still has screaming issues like the collar, and just the messy back and such.