• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Northampton Novice

Reaction score

This will probably be a stupid question but here I go..

I have a job interview this week, but it will likely be on a day that's raining. Would I potentially ruin my Cole Haan oxfords if I get them wet? I never had a pair of "good" dress shoes before so I'm not very aware of what could happen.

Fingers crossed you'll get the job and then you'll be able to purchase a "good" pair of dress shoes :)

helloiamchow

Reaction score
I'm interested in buying some Alden loafers, but the only point of reference I have are sperrys and supergas. I'm a 9D in sperrys(classic topsider), and a 9.5D in superga(2750). I've read that the loafers are on the Van last which usually runs a half size large, but is usually shorter than usual?

If anyone has experience in both sperrys and the van last some advice would be greatly appreciated.

Poindexter

Reaction score
All you tailors, about how much material does it take (150 - 160cm wide) to make a size US36 jacket?

How much for a jacket with pants?

bchin415

Reaction score
Cole Haan is not generally thought of as a "good" dress shoe, but simply getting them wet won't ruin any leather shoe so long as you aren't dunking them under water. If they get wet, simply wipe them off. If they get really soaked then take them off as soon as you can, stuff them with newspaper and allow them to dry for a while before inserting shoe trees. Apply leather conditioner and don't wear them again until they are completely dry.

Haha, thus why I said "good" with quotations. I just transitioned from wearing rubber soled squared toed shoes(I was "that" guy) so I'm still upgrading my closet. But thank you guys, hopefully I can get a pair of Allen Edmonds soon.

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One of the partners at my office has these beautiful leather shoes that are almost golden-yellow in color. I need to get a surreptitious photo of the coloring, but anyone know anything similar?

Northernninja

Reaction score
I have done some research on here, and there seems to be varying opinions about http://www.suitsupply.com/.

Are they good or bad? They seem cheaply priced, and I've read they do MTM but I can't find anything MTM on their site. All I find is their online, OTR store.

I was looking at a suit like this one, http://www.suitsupply.com/shop/1.P2505W/Suit?filter_27=736 . A little on the slimmer side as I'm very skinny. It would be my first suit.

Last edited:

ImaPro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What should I wear to a (HS) prom? Its this weekend and since I was not going to go so i didnt planned for anything.

So i was just gonna go like this but ...................i rather not.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

All you tailors, about how much material does it take (150 - 160cm wide) to make a size US36 jacket?
How much for a jacket with pants?

usually IIRC a jacket is about 2-2.5+, pants 1-1.5+.... whole suit 3.25-3.5, three piece should max 4. (in yards, standard size... 36 is small so you may do a whole suit for just over 3 if the cutter is good)

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What should I wear to a (HS) prom? Its this weekend and since I was not going to go so i didnt planned for anything.
So i was just gonna go like this but ...................i rather not.

I think it may be cool actually.... you won't look like all the other tools there in nasty, ill-fitting rented tuxes!

Last edited:

ImaPro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what about shoes? I was thinking of using the black version of these but can't seem to find them...

wannabe

Reaction score

KGrHqFHJEIE88cr2PbBPdIOlcD60_57.jpg

What color buttons should I get to replace the metal silver ones?

The jacket is a DB gray tweed with hints of blue with patch pockets.

Anybody else gotten opinions? Standard leather/football buttons? Same metal buttons? Thanks!

soundsgood

Reaction score
I'm looking for a pair of black shoes to wear casually with nice jeans and a button down. 300 is probably my max. I'm not looking for shoe Appreciation or anything like that, I live in Manhattan and I'm just trying to look presentable to women. Suggestions? Thanks.

Last edited:

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Are these corrected grain leather? Church's custom grade boots. Doesn't feel exactly like leather I'm used to.
(right click and open in new tab to blow these up huge)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads