• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Staggerlee

Reaction score
Can I wear a wool navy blue sport coat with these cotton pants?

PNT-FRI_tall_front.jpg

http://www.bonobos.com/store/item/friday_greys

zanderman

Reaction score
SF seems very critical of collar points visible under a jacket. This seems reasonable, but as someone who won't go any wider than a most conservative semi-spread, what brands/styles should I look at for shirts? Please assume that the jacket fits well enough, and that this is a problem with the shirt. I don't like to pay more than $40 for a shirt.

Thanks!

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
People probably would say you should have asked your question in another thread. Where it probably would have gone unanswered.

It depends on how you are built, what you have tried, and where you live. Because ordering online when you don't know what will fit is risky. That being said, Eddie Bauer shirts in Tall might work. Edit: Tall L.L. Bean shirts are a slightly better bet.

dnfuss

Reaction score
Have I got a challenge for you. I want these shoes. Cole-Haan used to sell them under their "Bragano" lines as the "Rivaldi" model. They don't anymore. Does anyone know who made these for Cole-Haan or where I can get something just like this?

Navi

Reaction score
I could use some opinions on this suit. I can get it for $250, which is half off the original. Is it too short/"fashion forward"?

Here are pics, its a 36S. I really like it but second opinions are always good.

Also sorry the pics suck, was in a rush to get to work and my phone camera sucks ass.

IMG_20110324_161816-1-1.jpg

IMG_20110324_162043-1.jpg

IMG_20110324_161941-1.jpg

Side shot looks funky, it didnt look like that normally. Probably because my arm was up. Any feedback is welcome! Thanks
smile.gif

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Navi
I could use some opinions on this suit. I can get it for $250, which is half off the original. Is it too short/"fashion forward"?

Also sorry the pics suck, was in a rush to get to work and my phone camera sucks ass.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/_gOm8GJAPjGw/TYuq6PzDk0I/AAAAAAAAAgc/KGf-Fp7GppE/s512/IMG_20110324_161816-1-1.jpg[/img
[img]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/_gOm8GJAPjGw/TYuq7agblrI/AAAAAAAAAgg/dsBVrbvBLmo/s512/IMG_20110324_162043-1.jpg[/img
[img]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/_gOm8GJAPjGw/TYuq9EO8aOI/AAAAAAAAAgk/ijsCSs7jY4I/s512/IMG_20110324_161941-1.jpg[/img

Side shot looks funky, it didnt look like that normally. Probably because my arm was up. Any feedback is welcome! Thanks [IMG]https://www.styleforum.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Some weird stuff happening on the side of that sleeve, but it's actually the right size, a rarity for these questions.

No, it's not too short and fashiony. Not even close.

Navi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cptjeff
Some weird stuff happening on the side of that sleeve, but it's actually the right size, a rarity for these questions.

No, it's not too short and fashiony. Not even close.

thanks
smile.gif
I'll probably pull the trigger once my tax return comes in... Cant wait!

wetnose

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Navi

IMG_20110324_161816-1-1.jpg

Side shot looks funky, it didnt look like that normally. Probably because my arm was up. Any feedback is welcome! Thanks
smile.gif

It actually looks fairly decent, with the exception of the right sleeve.

The jacket is short but not remarkably so. Did you also try the 36R?

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I quite like gingham shirts but the smaller the check the more formal, and that check looks too big and informal to be worn with a jacket and tie. The same shirt in a microcheck would look much better.

Navi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wetnose
It actually looks fairly decent, with the exception of the right sleeve.

The jacket is short but not remarkably so. Did you also try the 36R?

I would have but they only had 36S and 38S. I could see if a special order would be possible but I kind of like the shortness.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads