1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. gezuz

gezuz Well-Known Member

Quick shoe collection question, some help for a newb. Right now I've got:

-Black shell lace up Alden Indy's
    -Black shell BBBF longwings
    -Color 8 calf Alden shortwings

In the PSA thread there's a 30% off Amazon shoes deal going on, and I'm thinking about buying the AE Fifth Ave Captoe in brown, to add a lighter color to my feet. They're $226 total, should I pull the trigger on this deal? I'm thinking yes for some diversification from the darkness but I'd love to hear some input. Thanks!

2. binge

binge Distinguished Member

...I'm thinking about buying the AE Fifth Ave Captoe in brown, to add a lighter color to my feet.

Consider brown suede.

3. onix

onix Distinguished Member

How do you insure against the seller just taking your money and not sending anything?

Check their reputation in the feedback forum. Beware when dealing with newly registered/low post count with no good feedback or reference sellers. Pay via Paypal using normal payment (not personal) with your credit card. In case of trouble, file complain/dispute to PayPal and/or credit card company.

4. ILikeBacon

ILikeBacon Senior Member

5. alexei

alexei Senior Member

What is yoox

Online store often with good deals to be had specifically in their SALE section.

www.yoox.com

6. gort

gort Distinguished Member

Looking to take my first dive into the world of blazers. Was looking at the mens wearhouse 2 for 1 special they have going. It's a look I haven't done before so the idea is to go for the affordable experimentation route since most "normal people" won't have a keen eye like all of the experts here. If I feel the blazer look works for me then later down the line I could go for a fancier make. This is what I was looking at: http://www.menswearhouse.com/webapp/...1_?cm_vc=40160 Thinking one in each color. I think the blue one looks fine, but the tan one makes me slightly hesitant. Would that tan work with say navy pants? The plaid looks more subtle and easier to pull off on the navy blazer than it does on the tan one, but that just might be the lighting of the photos. will mostly wear these with slacks/dress shirt but perhaps sometimes with some nice jeans for a night out if I can pull it off.

7. Vecna

Vecna Senior Member

What are very good dancing shoes for parties, clubs, that sort of thing? Something that perhaps goes with a button-up and black chinos. I'm looking in the neighborhood of $200 or less. I appreciate any advice you may offer.

8. negusnegas

negusnegas Senior Member

trick question. black chinos are banned from sf.

9. idfnl

idfnl Stylish Dinosaur

This has been bugging me... how do you customize your member status? I notice some members manage to do that. How do you do it? I dont see a setting for it.

10. binge

binge Distinguished Member

This has been bugging me... how do you customize your member status? I notice some members manage to do that. How do you do it? I dont see a setting for it.

Beg the moderators.

11. RyanAnderson

RyanAnderson Senior Member

I tried asking this before and got no feedback. How does the fit of this shirt look? I am a little concerned that it's too tight in the chest:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. idfnl

idfnl Stylish Dinosaur

I tried asking this before and got no feedback. How does the fit of this shirt look? I am a little concerned that it's too tight in the chest:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fit looks good to me. Chest seems fine.

13. Smudge

Smudge Senior Member

When shoes are described as "blobby" what does that mean?

14. dah328

dah328 Distinguished Member

When shoes are described as "blobby" what does that mean?

It means they are shapeless like a blob. It is not a positive assessment.

15. dah328

dah328 Distinguished Member

It looks like it pulls slightly at the top chest button, but it's not too bad. It also looks like the sleeves fall just barely to your wrist when your arms are straight. It looks like they might be a little short when you bend your arms.