• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Najed

Reaction score
Hi to eveyone.
I am interested in buying the Ralph Lauren RL Pima Cotton V Neck Sweater and the Fine Cotton Vest from the RL Online Store.
My question is: How do the Sweaters / Vests run ?
I like it "Slim Fit" .... my Abercrombie Sweater / Cardigan size is large if this information helps. In Shirts I have size Medium - Abercrombie.
I am 6´3 tall .
Should I try size Small?

Thanks for your help.
Najed
Najed is online now Report Post \tEdit/Delete Message

karl winslow

Reaction score
at 6'3 you should go with a medium. They run pretty true to me. anyone know any stores / online websites to buy laces for shoes? i'm looking for something in the brown color of these laces in particular, if anyone has any info/help PLEASE pm me.
yuketen-bucks-02.png

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by karl winslow
anyone know any stores / online websites to buy laces for shoes?

i'm looking for something in the brown color of these laces in particular, if anyone has any info/help PLEASE pm me.

If you do a search here, you'll turn up the "Where to buy shoe laces" thread with several suggestions of online vendors.

Enforcicon

Reaction score
I recently acquired this shirt and I would like some help matching a tie to it. It is mostly blue, and the stripes seem to be a brown. I included a couple pics to help. Suggestions?

DSC_0180.jpg

DSC_0181.jpg

Thanks.

Enforcicon

Reaction score
Okay, this is my main rotation. I have a ton of other (ugly, weird, inherited) ties, but this is what I'm working with:

DSC_0186.jpg

A couple clarifications that are hard to tell from the picture: The upper right is navy with tiny red-ish/pink dots, the second row #4 is sky blue with little paisley patterns.

Thanks.

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Enforcicon
Okay, this is my main rotation. I have a ton of other (ugly, weird, inherited) ties, but this is what I'm working with:

DSC_0186.jpg

A couple clarifications that are hard to tell from the picture: The upper right is navy with tiny red-ish/pink dots, the second row #4 is sky blue with little paisley patterns.

Thanks.

Navy or Dark Brown would work well. Best one IMO is the far right middle row (but I don't like the word writen there.. is that Piere Cardin?).

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Either top row, #6
or bottom row #3 (middle).

You've got a lot going on already with that shirt, use a solid, dark tie to contrast.

Or don't. Look at lots of examples to decide what you like. For instance, browse through the ten zillion pages of the "what are you wearing right now" thread so see what people post. You might find things you like, or you might now. YMMV.

Enforcicon

Reaction score
Originally Posted by onix
Navy or Dark Brown would work well. Best one IMO is the far right middle row (but I don't like the word writen there.. is that Piere Cardin?).
Thank you. I don't really like label flashing either, but yes it is a Cardin.
Originally Posted by binge
Either top row, #6 or bottom row #3 (middle). You've got a lot going on already with that shirt, use a solid, dark tie to contrast. Or don't. Look at lots of examples to decide what you like. For instance, browse through the ten zillion pages of the "what are you wearing right now" thread so see what people post. You might find things you like, or you might now. YMMV.
Cool I figured something along those lines. I am very new to this and I'm trying to get a feel for the basics first, then experiment. I discovered this forum recently and I've actually lurked the whole WAYWRN thread already. I must say, there are a lot of really sharp dressers here.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm looking for a pair of bucks for spring/summer, but I'm new to the whole deal. Can they be resoled?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads