• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

heavy D

Reaction score
Just bought some Clark's Desert Boots in beeswax (actually the Bushacre 2s), when I tried them on they fit ok but I had thin socks, trying them around the house now with some thick ones and they're really tight, really narrow. I've done some searches and it seems like they'll stretch but I guess I need some reassurance. The left one is ok but the right is cutting off circulation, but then next size up had too much room in the toe box. I have a hard time buying shoes because I often need a wide....

Sonderist

Reaction score
Anyone able to give me advice in sizing for a Margiela 5 Zip? I'm looking at one in a Euro 50 and wondering how that compares to the fit of something like the Barbour Commander Jacket (only other jacket I own). The seller has the pit to pit measured at 23", which seems far too large for that size.

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

I'm looking for a pair of moleskin pants with volume in the thigh and a taper below the knee. Ideally in a green, sage, beige or warm grey/ brown color.

Any ideas?

BrooksLauren77

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just bought some Clark's Desert Boots in beeswax (actually the Bushacre 2s), when I tried them on they fit ok but I had thin socks, trying them around the house now with some thick ones and they're really tight, really narrow. I've done some searches and it seems like they'll stretch but I guess I need some reassurance. The left one is ok but the right is cutting off circulation, but then next size up had too much room in the toe box. I have a hard time buying shoes because I often need a wide....

Is there a question here?
Hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

I'm looking for a pair of moleskin pants with volume in the thigh and a taper below the knee. Ideally in a green, sage, beige or warm grey/ brown color.

Any ideas?

Budget and location?

BrooksLauren77

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea sorry for the ramble. Will they stretch or do I need to return and find a different brand?

I don't see why they wouldn't, but if the right side is cutting off your circulation, then I would try to find something else.

Last edited:

mixedmajik

Reaction score
Hi,
Planning to get someone a gift who is about to graduate medical school. Was thinking a messenger bag so he can toss the backpack he's been wearing for 8 years and start looking more professional.

Being a college student going through some financially trying times right now, I absolutely cannot spend more than 80 dollars before shipping on this (preferably under 80 including shipping). Initially wanted to get the brown leather kenneth cole "come-bag-home" bag which was on sale on amazon.com but they don't ship to Canada and seemingly no decent leather messenger bag company ships to Canada for a reasonable price. Amazon.ca is lacking as it always is compared to .com so once again no help there either.

So I'm thinking I can't go for a leather bag, so I must go for canvas...which I don't like but I guess I have no choice. Does this kind of bag suffice for canvas? It's under 80 dollars. Budget is strict, I cannot move above 80. Thanks

This is another I was looking at. It claims to be "hard" canvas which I don't understand the meaning of. Let me know what you guys think about these 2 bags and if I could go for any of them. Thanks.

Last edited:

fwwilkes

Reaction score

Hey - what is this style of sunglasses? Or where can I find some of good quality?

novaeagle

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm on the lookout for two main items:

1. Brown sportcoat. Needs to be a darker brown color, soft shoulders, 3" lapel (slightly bigger is okay), and a relatively modern cut. I like suitsupply, but the only one they have that fits this description is a $700 cashmere. Brooks Brothers was also lacking, having only plaid browns. I've looked at a large number of retailers. I'd like to keep it below $400 (I'm graduating college), but I'm willing to compromise a bit if its something perfect.

2. Chinos that are office appropriate. I've tried J Crew's essential chino in urban slim fit, but they're way too baggy on me, and the next cut down is way too slim in the thigh and seat, so it seems like J crew is out. If anyone else fits into that limbo spot, and has a pair they can recommend, I'd be much appreciative. I'd prefer a slimmer leg opening as well, which puts off brands like Epaulet (which has something like a 8.75" leg opening).

momentoftruth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads